27th Division Association News

gsmilligan

Last week the executive board met and voted in a historic measure- for the first time since The Gas Attack was published in WWI, the 27th's newsletter will be available to the general public.

The Orion Gallivanter is a publication started in theater during WWII for the members of the 27th Infantry Division. The term "Gallivanter" (sometimes spelled "Gallavanter") alludes to the division's island-hopping habits in the Pacific. Today's version is a mix of news about the current 27th Infantry Brigade and historical articles from the Mexican Border to Iraq. Each issue features a 27th Division artifact (some owned by USMF members) written by yours truly. The Gallivanter has traditionally been available only to members of the Division Association- 27th veterans.

There is an interest today from the children/grandchildren of veterans to learn about the service of their family member. To help, the board voted to allow subscriptions to the Gallivanter by non-members. Subscribers will not be members, but will receive the traditional quarterly publication.

If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you a subscription card.

And if you are a veteran of the 27th Infantry Division, the 27th Armored Division, the 27th Armored Brigade, or the 27th Infantry Brigade, you are eligible for full membership. Again, PM me for details.

And, if you have a 27th artifact, photo, or story, or question about the Division, contact me and we can probably find room in an issue to include it. Past issues are available, as well.