.....and speaking of Marines in Haiti.....

bobgee

I have found recent postings of photos of Marines in Haiti very interesting. This week I obtained this outstanding military trunk from a fellow Forum member. It belonged to a gent who served 4 tours in the Army 3/22 to 3/23; 10/35 to 11/37; 12/37 to 12/40 & 12/40 to 11/45; a tour in the U.S. Coast Guard & 5/25 to 5/27, 2 tours in the USMC 7/27 to 7/31and 10/31 to 10/35. He was retired with 24 years of service.

The trunk-like suitcase contains virtually all of his military papers including Honorable Discharges and promotion documents. It apparently was painted in Haiti during his first tour there 9/27 to 9/29 and has his USMC service details and ornate USMC emblem painted on the top (or side) with his USCG emblem and ship painted on the bottom (or other side.. It measures20" x 17" x 91/2" and resembles a field desk.

HAITI_TRUNK_002.jpgHAITI_TRUNK_001.jpg

Thought the Forum might enjoy seeing this uncommon relic.

Semper Fi........Bobgee

Great looking trunk Bob. That's one of the most colorful EGAs I have ever seen. The hand lettering is great too, that's a lost art.

A great piece.

Dennis

Is this item for sale?

Darn! I did it again! It's not for sale. I did NOT intend to post this as a for sale item. It's strictly Show & Tell.

Sorry 'bout dat! :blink:

Bobgee

Darn! I did it again! It's not for sale. I did NOT intend to post this as a for sale item. It's strictly Show & Tell.

Bobgee

Sorry, Bobgee, it's too late! Once you put an item on the For Sale section of the Forum, it's for sale. Did you say $100? SOLD! :D

Bobgee

Tease.