Cool stencilled USN SEAL ERDL Camo Jacket

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

So yesterday I was at one of local antique flea markets, and a friend of mine called me over to his booth, to show me some military items. The back of his pick-up truck bed was over packed with WWI wool and some WWII items. I was the first one to start digging through this wool pile from hell. I got all the way to the bottom and there was this ERDL piece.

It is cut in the RDF pattern, out of the lime green ERDL. The stencil is real fine. What is neat is the USN is over the left pocket, while SEALS is over the right. On the reverse is the SEALS name. Looks like it is dated 1977.

I have never had one like this, so thought it was kind of cool.

seal1.jpg

seal2.jpg

seal3.jpg

seal4.jpg

Interesting shirt. You see Marine Corps shirts with this name tape config so it makes me wonder if maybe the owner was a Corpsman with the SEALs, which I believe came from the USMC, at least during the VN era....just a thought.

firefighter2904
Interesting shirt. You see Marine Corps shirts with this name tape config so it makes me wonder if maybe the owner was a Corpsman with the SEALs, which I believe came from the USMC, at least during the VN era....just a thought.

Just a correction Corpsman all come from the USN and are sent to the Marines not the other way around.

As far as the shirt, nice find