1973 U.S.S Kennedy Flight Jacket

TheGermanCollector

TheGermanCollector

I Have been getting a lot of Flight Jackets in. This is one of many. I found this one Unique. Because of all the patches. Any know what some of them are. And what is a good price to sell this at.

post-11638-1295122861.jpg

post-11638-1295122875.jpg

The jacket was owned by an enlisted man, an Aviation Ordanence tech. The front patch is a typical cruis patch from the Arab Israilie war. The rest are duty stations. Lots of enlisted non flying guys got these jackets. I had two of them when I worked the flight deck of USS Kitty Hawk as they could not get us regulation foul weather jackets (go figuer). I did not like them. They are fine for sitting around in the club and looking cool, but not functional for work (I maintained air craft handeling eguipment) and they were restrictive and the collar was like a wet dog wrapped around your neck and face in the rain.

Steve Hesson

Johnny Signor

The older era and dated patches like these if loose usually can get about $25-$50 each , the jacket is also in good condition and having the patches on it makes it that much the better , it being a cruise jacket albeit a non flight related one , it is still collectable to many , I would range it in the $400.00 to $500.00 range at least just for the patches and you would know what the jacket alone would be worth .

Johnny