Post your military armbands.

Sabrejet

Cobra 6 Actual

To expand on what Salvage Sailor wrote, these  were used in the Army during Basic and Advanced training to designate Privates in Acting Sergeant positions. There’s also an Acting Corporal armband version with two stripes. 

Cobra 6 Actual
On 9/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, jmd62 said:

Very cool Cobra 6, I wasn't aware they had their own AWOL Apprehension armbands. Nice!

Yep, jmd62. And sometimes those MP’s had to stop chasing AWOL’s so they could have a quick smoke break:

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Cobra 6 Actual

Well, there’s always something new to learn with collecting. I have sort of a sub-collection of civil defense pins, patches, badges, armbands, signs, and documents. In over 50 years of collecting all of that I had never seen the term “Wardenette” … until now:

image.jpeg.b4ed901030095b1ec54571eb580b3ee0.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Cobra 6 Actual

Curiously this LA County armband does use the above rank triangles as shown at the top of the chart. But the armband “flips” the middle triangle upside down:

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
General Apathy

Hi Cobra 6.

Thank you for continuing this topic originally started by ' Sabrejet ' ( Ian Phillips ),  here's a photograph I found in my files today a photo of Ian when he visited me here in Normandy 2016, and he's wearing a USMF forum cap. . . . . . .  ( Ian died September 2021 )

.fullsizeoutput_15375.jpeg.8b79fb8594f485120cd6171d21b37420.jpeg

regards lewis.

Cobra 6 Actual

Great photo of Ian, Lewis. Thank you for posting! Here’s an armband I recently got that briefly sent me down a “rabbit hole”:

538CC916-AAFA-4889-B3C7-23013807A2BA.jpeg

Now in the USA the letters “VA” to military people always connotes “Veterans Administration” or “Veterans Affairs” (I would guess that in the UK you would perhaps think of the “Victoria and Albert Museum”). So then I tried to parse out the “RCMP” part and I came up with “Reserve Commissioned Military Police”. But suddenly the proverbial lightbulb came on that the acronym was for “Royal Canadian Mounted Police”. And the “VA”? It turns out that is for “Veterans Association”. I’m sure that Ian would have appreciated the fun of determining what organization an armband is for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cobra 6 Actual

And here’s a similar armband, atill qith the Installation Command patch, but after Ft. Lewis and McChord AFB were consolidated in 2010:

image.jpeg.543467be2725cd40e00beb9e0cd9d536.jpeg

Cobra 6 Actual

Oops, my internal “spell check” clearly failed me yesterday. That first sentence, above, should have began “And here’s a similar armband, still with the Installation Command patch …”

And here’s one for the 64th Reception Center, US Army Europe (USAEUR):

image.jpeg.e72d8b7b36cccb2418a949f3b21b63b0.jpeg

Cobra 6 Actual

image.jpeg

This armband has the appearance of being made from Army blanket material. It is for the Virginia National Guard’s 78th Maneuver Training Center. Unfortunately, I don’t know what the ARR II is for.

Salvage Sailor
32 minutes ago, Cobra 6 Actual said:

image.jpeg

This armband has the appearance of being made from Army blanket material. It is for the Virginia National Guard’s 78th Maneuver Training Center. Unfortunately, I don’t know what the ARR II is for.

"COL William R. Kelley, a representative of Army Readiness Region II (ARR II) encompassing Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and West Virginia..."

Reference see page 39 here -->  https://tradocfcoeccafcoepfwprod.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/fires-bulletin-archive/1980/JAN_FEB_1980/JAN_FEB_1980_FULL_EDITION.pdf

Cobra 6 Actual

Thank you, Salvage Sailor,  for de-mystifying the acronym. And, it should also be “Maneuver Training Command”, not “Center”. Much appreciated!

Cobra 6 Actual

Haven’t been able to track down which Marine Corps base this was used at yet. A friend of mine who worked many years at Quantico is pretty sure it is NOT from there. Ideas?

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...