Post your military armbands.

Sabrejet

• 1 month later...
And for Ken in Norway here's one that I wore as a USMC Corporal in Norway in the Autumn of 1976 as part of British, U.S., Dutch and Norwegian exercise in the area around Steinkjer---I have no idea what "LEDELSE" means ---(we did make a lot of jokes that it was just a mispelling for "Laid Else (or Ilsa) ") and I sure wasn't going to ask the Gunny because he wouldn't know either----I just pinned it on and there it stayed.

If I remember right we left them on when we moved the exercise to Denmark but removed them by the time we came ashore in Germany.

Al

Al

Ledelse means Staff

Henrik

• 4 weeks later...

I posted these a few days ago in a different forum, but here they are again. Railway Transportation Officer and Transportation Corps. The middle one has the button hole for the safety pin placement, the others don't. Thanks, l Hirschler in finally cooled down Dallas.

post-12790-1317474743.jpg

post-12790-1317474759.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
General Apathy

post-344-1319055116.jpg

Sabrejet said:
There's obviously a wide range of military armbands/brassards and doubtless guys among you out there who collect them? So, I thought it might be neat to see them, WW2 thru to today. I've got a few...Military Police..Air Police and Shore Patrol...but no pictures of them yet! So, let's see what you've got fellers!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Hi Ian, I just spotted that this thread had popped to the top again and whilst checking through my photo file thought I would add this USN one. ;)

post-344-1319056916.jpg

Sabrejet said:
About time you opened that shoebox again Ken. Nice one!

Ian :thumbsup:

Hi Ian, actually I took photos of a lot of my armbands back in December 2009 but then never started a topic so they have been sat in a photo file, only pleased to add some to your topic. :thumbsup:

post-344-1319057103.jpg

post-344-1319057197.jpg

post-344-1319057290.jpg

post-344-1319057379.jpg

post-344-1319058772.jpg

Sabrejet said:
Thanks Ken...you've reinvigorated it! :thumbsup:

Hi Ian. thanks for your comments, here's a chart of the Civil Defense emblems, sorry can't put an exact date to the chart but it will be a good reference to be seen here on your brassards topic.

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1319225400.jpg

Goodness Ken, you're an armband guru too! :w00t:

That shoebox is bottomless! ;)

Hi JS, thanks, I have others that I have not added as examples have already been added by other members, however last night while checking the shoebox another one popped up that has not been featured so far.

The original blackened safety-pin can be seen in the bottom right-hand corner. Somewhere I have a large original photograph showing this armband in use at a recruiting drive if I recall correctly Boston about 1943 and with a great display of weapons on show. ;)

ken

2nd Cavalry Honor Troop brassard - year is 1928!:

post-257-1319273337.jpg

This was on ebay a while ago - I didn't win it (as usual). I thought it would be worth posting for educational purposes.

• 3 months later...

Newest one. What I think is awesome and unique is the embroidered american flag to match all the other embroidery. The others that I have are all velcro backed flags.

post-50776-0-28769600-1399931628.jpg

post-50776-0-94748500-1399931635.jpg

I think that I might have posted this earlier on another forum, but here it is anyway. From the estate of a KW Vet. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1328144117.jpg

post-12790-1328144157.jpg

Newest one. What I think is awesome and unique is the embroidered american flag to match all the other embroidery. The others that I have are all velcro backed flags.

I note that the USAF security units have undergone several name changes over the years - MP, AP, SP and now SF. I wonder if they chose ''SF'' because it looks like the abbreviation for Special Forces.

I note that the USAF security units have undergone several name changes over the years - MP, AP, SP and now SF. I wonder if they chose ''SF'' because it looks like the abbreviation for Special Forces.

I wouldn't ascribe that motive to the name-change. It's probably fairly easy to research on-line, but I suspect that the change to "Security Forces" has something to do with the fact that their mission encompasses more than police work -- installation security, asset protection, etc.

Pete