Post your military armbands.

Sabrejet

easterneagle87

Local auction company has this one in a lot I was bidding on. 

I believe the R.B. Police stands for the Red Bluff Police Department. 

air warden.jpg

On 8/1/2021 at 8:23 PM, rtd_sf_eng said:

On 13 September 2020, Patches posted a picture of a solder wearing the Super Jock armband, which appears to made on leatherette.  Last year I was able to win such an armband on Ebay but no one had bided against me.  My armband is made on regular material.  Does anyone know if the armband is still being awarded for those who max the PT test?

Fort Leonard Wood, Cbt Eng, Super Jock, Arm Band--F.jpg

Fort Leonard Wood, Cbt Eng, Super Jock, Arm Band--R.jpg

Thanks for this rtd.

easterneagle87

Found this little snap shot in an antique mall up in Portland, OR this past weekend. Pain digging through a bin of photos, but occasionally I get an interesting one. 

503rd Airborne "The Rock", CCO ?? Jump wings on an oval. A small picture, but good color. 

CCO Brassard 506th.jpg

Cobra 6 Actual

“CCO” or it might even be “CCQ” … another acronym mystery easterneagle 87! Looks to be a pic from the early to mid-1960’s.

easterneagle87
4 hours ago, Cobra 6 Actual said:

“CCO” or it might even be “CCQ” … another acronym mystery easterneagle 87! Looks to be a pic from the early to mid-1960’s.

Yep. Anyone wants this picture, PM me.

A 1st Cav Div MP one, patch and Arc/Tab seem to be of the same overall material as the brassard, date worn unknown, it has as you see the mid 70s on Gold Rank pin for a Spec 4, but this could very well of been added and is not original to it.

military-mp-arm-band-patch-brassard.jpg

Cobra 6 Actual

Nice ones, Wharfmaster and patches! Here’s one using a light blue background color and the names of all countries participating:

image.jpeg

Cobra 6 Actual

Here’s one I forgot to post earlier with the other Civil Defense armbands, for a Junior High in Los Angeles:

image.jpeg.19d092c9e80fbda1072f656f1f3a64b7.jpeg

I believe it’s now “Virgil Middle School.”

General Apathy

Hi Cobra-6

with the wealth of pages you have built up here I am not sure if this has already been featured, but here's goes.

.fullsizeoutput_10aa8.jpeg.abff75f2c644357b0117e57f7736dc5e.jpeg

regards lewis,

I keep Ian's widow informed of the continued posts you make. 

Cobra 6 Actual

Hi General Apathy,

No, I don’t think that has been posted before. Thank you! Here’s one that I’m pretty sure has been posted already, but it is really a beauty:

image.jpeg

Regards,

C6A

General Apathy

Hi Cobra 6,

I thought I would add this 1970's shot of a recruitment NCO wearing a brassard with the recruitment patch attached.  

I also wanted to make mention of the blue plastic surrounds on his collar discs . . . . .

Back in the early 1970's when I started collecting it was a current occurrence in the American army to wear blue plastic discs behind their collar insignia.  So I was more than surprised to find an occasional 1940's jacket with the blue collar disc surrounds leading me to think that the insignia on the jacket had been messed with.  

It wasn't until some time later I bought a copy of a 1941 supply catalog for U.S. Forces that I spotted that Blue, Red and Yellow discs were available to U.S. Servicemen in the 1940's, I then began to believe that it was true when I saw discs on 1940 uniforms.  I also began to search for wartime examples of the discs in use, and one of the best ones is the two old 1940's NCO's shown below. . . . . . . . . .  ( The 1970's discs were true plastic versions, and the 1940's ones a more Celluloid version. )

So with true dedication and research the answer appeared for me . . . . . . . . .  

.fullsizeoutput_10f3f.jpeg.bd2ad79e2c85cdc2db6ffcff40c8bff9.jpeg

.fullsizeoutput_10f29.jpeg.3e8aabacee76827fa5cc42b3e488fe89.jpeg

.fullsizeoutput_10f38.jpeg.a97fa7a88abdd7d9277de01188c3c7ec.jpeg

regards lewis.