Post your military armbands.

Sabrejet

Cobra 6 Actual

Marine Corps Provost Marshal

image.jpeg.b1ea34e260efdce2a1cc4a46813f30c2.jpeg

(I’ve done something weird on my computer obviously, since my pictures are suddenly appearing as much smaller than my earlier ones. Time to ask one of my grandkids to give me some IT support!)

Cobra 6 Actual

Apologies for the above pic in Post #368. I had that in my photo ‘album’ and thought it was mine image. But, here’s the armband and associated photo I have:

image.jpeg.a505718a99aec4dc1bdc728c5370b497.jpeg

I don’t recall if I got the picture in Post # 368 from the Internet or this Forum.

Cobra 6 Actual

In my earlier Post, above, the last sentence was referring to Post # 388, not # 368. (Duh, on my part.)

Curiously, given the traditional Marine Corps colors, this is an Army armband used in Naha, Okinawa, Japan in the 1960’s:

image.jpeg.53043e072c77b5c45b468b4631b44834.jpeg

10 hours ago, Cobra 6 Actual said:

Maryland Minute Men of WW2. Formed March 10, 1942 as a volunteer defense force:

image.png

Never seen this before really cool!

2 hours ago, Cobra 6 Actual said:

Thanks, jmd62 and Gijoe1987! Many states formed home defense units of various types when their State National Guard units were activated.

Do you know if this was Maryland? I only ask because there was one on eBay today that looked identical and they stated it was from Maryland 1942. Also any idea of its value? I’m considering buying the one from eBay its just so cool.

Cobra 6 Actual

Hi Gijoe1987. Yep, it is definitely Maryland. As I noted above the organization was formed in 1942. I don't have an end date for it, unfortunately. Good hunting on eBay! Here’s an Army motor maintenance one:

image.jpeg.012611a0d4d3499c4c34a23f036578ca.jpeg