Cotton sateen ERDL shirt?????

Bob Hudson

Found this at the thrift store and just had to get it to figure out what the heck it is.

It is ERDL, has slant pockets, but is heavy cotton like the standard utilities of the 1950's and 60's. There are no labels and no signs of one having been there and it is not modification. It could be commercial, but is much better made than most of the civilian camo stuff I've seen and appears to have been starched which is something I'd only expect in military issue.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I am guessing this might be a pre-BDU experimental item. The ERDL's were of course made for hot weather wear. This would be for more temperate climate.

100% ??

Its not a kind of poplin ?

100% cotton or like the 50 50 blend ?

Its thick .......

In that case its a very nice jacket ...........selling ????

100% ??

Its not a kind of poplin ?

100% cotton or like the 50 50 blend ?

Its thick .......

In that case its a very nice jacket ...........selling ????

Here's some closeups of the fabric:

sample1.jpg

sample2.jpg

I have a set like this that was made in Singapore and was issued in the 80-90 period. I will have to dig it out and see. Would have to e-mail a photo to someone to post, I still haven't gotten the hang of that yet, no matter how much some of you have tried to help....

I have a set like this that was made in Singapore and was issued in the 80-90 period...

The Singapore Army was using a similar pattern and cut at the time but the following pic will show that it doesn't match the above:

post-SAFUniform1.JPG

Singapore Army Uniform circa 1987

My reason for thinking it maybe Thai manufacture is because it appears (to me) that the pocket corners are slightly more rounded than US manufactured examples - something I have seen on some Thai uniforms. The other possibility is that it might be from the Philippines or some Central/South American country that also utilizes the jungle fatigue cut.

Now I know where I have seen the fabric .....................

Its the same as is on a RDF Era helmet cover !!!

So its the canvas thin type .

This has been bugging me all night fellas ........

owen

son of desertrat

I just got a RDF helmet cover. It looks A lot alike to me. You want me to add pictures so we can compare fabric?

Keenan