The OIF OEF Room

Yesterday I cleaned, organized, and re-arranged my OIF OEF room and this is the final outcome. I have another torso that I will be putting up when I get a woodland IBA to go with my CU.

post-21753-1295028108.jpg

LOOKING FOR OIF/OEF SPECIAL FORCES ITEMS. USAF, USMC, ARMY, NAVY. PATCHES, GEAR, and HELMETS.

OEF Collector, have you seen any of the issue Operation Enduring Freedom Combat Uniforms in Multi-cam come back from Afghanistan yet?

Not really. You can find them on eBay but anything multicam there is very expensive. I'm thinking it will be pricey and hard to get for a while, also because it is only issued to soldiers in theater Afghanistan. When troops are done with their deployment the have to turn in almost everything.

LOOKING FOR OIF/OEF SPECIAL FORCES ITEMS. USAF, USMC, ARMY, NAVY. PATCHES, GEAR, and HELMETS.

Not really. You can find them on eBay but anything multicam there is very expensive. I'm thinking it will be pricey and hard to get for a while, also because it is only issued to soldiers in theater Afghanistan. When troops are done with their deployment the have to turn in almost everything.

They don't have to turn in uniform items that have touched their skin. I also have been collecting OIF/OEF uniforms and equipment. I just contacted the Research Development and Engineer Center in Natick, MA to get the correct contract number for the issue multi-cam. This way I can tell the difference between a commerical and the official issue. The government contract number is on the tag on the inside of the uniform. This uniform differs a little from the ACU, one thing is that the velcro on the leg pockets has been replaced by buttons.

They don't have to turn in uniform items that have touched their skin. I also have been collecting OIF/OEF uniforms and equipment. I just contacted the Research Development and Engineer Center in Natick, MA to get the correct contract number for the issue multi-cam. This way I can tell the difference between a commerical and the official issue. The government contract number is on the tag on the inside of the uniform. This uniform differs a little from the ACU, one thing is that the velcro on the leg pockets has been replaced by buttons.

I know. Not uniforms. The easy way to tell if a uniform is real is by the maker. Propper and tru-spec are two who are not real military. Real uniforms are made by Crye and American Appearel to name a few.

I know. Not uniforms. The easy way to tell if a uniform is real is by the maker. Propper and tru-spec are two who are not real military. Real uniforms are made by Crye and American Appearel to name a few.

Actually, Propper is issue...they have a civilian line of stuff, but they ARE a gov contractor. The big difference is that the civ stuff is made in the Honduras, while the issue stuff is made in the USA

"We are now up against live, hostile targets. So if Little Red Riding Hood shows up with a Bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch!"

Sgt. Wells

Genuine Multicam is slowly starting to appear around certain base surplus shops. If you are lucky, you can find a set for $80-$100. Still a little too rich for my blood right now.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Genuine Multicam is slowly starting to appear around certain base surplus shops. If you are lucky, you can find a set for $80-$100. Still a little too rich for my blood right now.

I agree. No multicam for me unless it goes down in price or I can find some for a decent price.

Very nice! Its good to see someone getting ahead of the bow wave while the wars are still ongoing and the stuff is plentiful. The time will come where OEF/OIF stuff is being "put together" and sold for good money because the real stuff is all rat-holed away. Don't forget to get the items that show link between the soldier who wore it and the actual stuff. Pocket trash, orders, maps with scribbles, letters written home, awards documents, rations, lighters, dog tags, flashlights, pens, pencils, ammo, magazines, slings straps, scarfs etc. All that stuff makes the display complete and will be of even greater interest in 10 years. No one will have it and you will have the documentation to prove it actually came from the one who wore it in combat. I am fired up to see what you are doing!!!!! :smokin:

Oz

Oz

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif