AEF Officer's Coat (French made), Railway Artillery Reserve

I just picked up this WWI US officers uniform, and I need help to identify the patch. The uniform was tailor made in France and I'm assuming the patch is also French made. Any help in ID'ing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jonpost-179-1189366570.jpgpost-179-1189366583.jpg

Thanks Charles, could you tell me what exactly that unit did while in France, were they a supply unit or possibly a railroad gun outfit. Thanks Jon

Thanks Charles, could you tell me what exactly that unit did while in France, were they a supply unit or possibly a railroad gun outfit. Thanks Jon

No problem Jon. For more information on what the RAR did in WWI, I suggest this link:

RAR History in WWI

Regards,

Chuck

Chris, thanks for the link to the other thread, interesting story about the Oozlefinch. I've included a couple more photos of the uniform. It belonged to a Lt Brown or Bowers, I can't made out the spelling, he was from the Bloomington, Illinois area. I plan to try and get additional info from the county court house, I'm hoping he filed his discharge papers. Thanks Jonpost-179-1189435563.jpgpost-179-1189435587.jpg