1900 Era Breuniger Officer EGAs

usmcaviator

It will be interesting to see when these were first seen worn based off of photographic evidence in Briuers new book. Does anyone else have examples of the Breuniger made EGA's? IMO these are the epitome of the form. This is a collar single, worn from what I can tell late 1890's to about 1908, or whenever the patrol coat went out of service.

post-376-1211226184.jpg

Mike...I wish I did. I have no Brueniger-made emblems. The earliest set I own is dated, I believe, circa 1900 the commissioning set of Col. Frank Jacob Schwable. I also have his sword circa 1900. He served 1900-1935. They came with his son's memorabilia aviator Frank Hawes Schwable BGen Ret 1929-1959.

What do you think of the time period I attribute to these emblems? S/F....Bob

Schwable_1900_CAP_OBV.JPG

Schwable_1900_CAP_REV.JPG

Schwable_1900_CAP_REV_w_Nut.JPG

Schwable_1900_Collars_OBV.JPG

Schwable_1900_Collars_REV.JPG

Much better photo's... at auction the photo's where horrible/

Darrell,

What auction? This one was obtained privately and not through any auction, or are you referring to Bob's set???

Bob, I think the early 1900's is a good time frame, especially if you have the provenance on that set. Well worn, nice look. Very nice!!

Mike

teufelhunde.ret

Saw another one on ebay sometime ago... concluded it was yours? Have posted it elsewhere here. Not at office... at home and cannot look for it at this moment.

• 1 month later...
teufelhunde.ret

Well finally... got my computer back that crashed sometime ago and now sorting thru allot of pic's, here is a copy from that auction.

breuniger_front_1890__s.jpg

breuniger_back_1890__s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Well finally... got my computer back that crashed sometime ago and now sorting thru allot of pic's, here is a copy from that auction.

Darrell,

Again, the one you just posted never went at auction, the one you have shown was acquired by me through a private source. It has never been to auction. I took those photos. I think those pics were on an early post on the WAF.

Mike

teufelhunde.ret

Mike, you quite likely correct.... I can't recall were the pic came from. One of the pleasures of growing old. Anyhow, my old computer drive is back in the shop and they are retrieving info at a snails pace. It just simply became to troublesome for me to pursue data retrial. Perhaps some day I will get all the pics / info back. As you... I do recall a jeweler variety on ebay around the same period. Will get it posted if it is retrieved. s/f Darrell