EGA on a swagger stick

I picked this up a while ago. It's an old swagger stick with an enlisted EGA attached. It looks like the beak of the Eagle has been removed, or more likely worn off over time. It has the front of a 30-06 cartridge affixed to the bottom tip. I left the photo large deliberately in order to show the details in the close-up. Anyone have an idea of the vintage?

post-1107-1189346399.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Bill, great swagger stick! Any information come with it as to age, owner, provenance? Is it a clutchback or screwback? I have been trying to date the EGA in the attached photo?

wolf___brown_ega_003.jpg

Your EGA certainly looks just about identical to the one on my swagger stick, even down to the truncated beak, though yours has considerably more finish on it. It's mounted so tightly onto the stick that it's hard to see. From what I can see, it looks like it has a single screw-post on the back that is seated in a hole drilled in the wood. Unfortunately, I have no provenance at all for the swagger stick, including its age.

jeremiahcable

That particular EGA, one of my favorites, is commonly felt to be a very late 20s & 30s piece. The head was small and looks a lot like a cardinal, no pronounced beak on it! Very neat piece you have there Bill.

Jeremiah