Patton Prayer Card

1944WC52

Was flipping through a WWII German phrase book and an original Patton Prayer Card popped out. Kind of a neat combination! Of course I am assuming it is original. How could I authenticate it? What is something like this worth?

Thanks in advance

Brent

Was flipping through a WWII German phrase book and an original Patton Prayer Card popped out. Kind of a neat combination! Of course I am assuming it is original. How could I authenticate it? What is something like this worth?

Thanks in advance

Brent

These are double sided with the prayer on one side and Patton's Christmas greetings on the other. They are the size of a business card and printed on the same type of paper as WWII magazines. The paper is kind of slick. They are printed in three colors IIRC.

I've never seen a repro outside of one that was photocopied.

That doesn't mean they aren't faked, just that I have never seen one that was the least bit convincing.

Allan

Thanks, Allan.

The thing is that I do not have any reason to believe this is fake. I bought the Phrase Book on ebay years ago and paid about $20 for it. This was tucked in its pages and is in excellent shape but not new.

I dont intend on parting with it, just fun to think it is real.

Brent

These are double sided with the prayer on one side and Patton's Christmas greetings on the other. They are the size of a business card and printed on the same type of paper as WWII magazines. The paper is kind of slick. They are printed in three colors IIRC.

I've never seen a repro outside of one that was photocopied.

That doesn't mean they aren't faked, just that I have never seen one that was the least bit convincing.

Allan