46 star Navy Flag (comments)

I picked up a 46 star Navy Flag the other day with a small group of items I purchased from a private seller. The flag measures 8 feet 8 inches by 17 feet. Markings in black ink read:

"U.S. Ensign No. 4 Navy Yard New York Aug 1907 C.7929"

The condition is very good with a few minor holes and a little dirt and grime. The flag was too large to take pics. Can anyone tell me a little bit about the flag based on the info provided as well as an approximate value range. Thanks.

Sammy T.

I picked up a 46 star Navy Flag the other day with a small group of items I purchased from a private seller. The flag measures 8 feet 8 inches by 17 feet. Markings in black ink read:

"U.S. Ensign No. 4 Navy Yard New York Aug 1907 C.7929"

The condition is very good with a few minor holes and a little dirt and grime. The flag was too large to take pics. Can anyone tell me a little bit about the flag based on the info provided as well as an approximate value range. Thanks.

Sammy T.

U.S. Ensign No. 4 refers to it's size as they are listed by number which is easier than actual measurements. It was produced in the Navy Yard NY., August of 1907. No idea what value.

Steve Hesson