M1910 Wire Cutters

Pep

Pep,

Look at the 1912 Cavalry Equipment Board Report.

Refer to my first post.

The cavalry used much if not most of the model of 1910 equipment and the designation did not change.

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old post but when I was doing research the other day I found a thread on these with a posting, I believe by Pep, that showed I believe what he thought were 4 different types of M1910 wire cutters, 1 with insulation, 1 with insulation with rubber bumpers, 1 with insulation with molded rubber bumpers, and the final without insulation.  I've searched all over this forum as well as the web and I can no longer find the picture or the thread with the pouches, etc.  Does anyone else have information where the info may be found. Regards,

1 hour ago, ccyooper said:

I know this is an old post but when I was doing research the other day I found a thread on these with a posting, I believe by Pep, that showed I believe what he thought were 4 different types of M1910 wire cutters, 1 with insulation, 1 with insulation with rubber bumpers, 1 with insulation with molded rubber bumpers, and the final without insulation.  I've searched all over this forum as well as the web and I can no longer find the picture or the thread with the pouches, etc.  Does anyone else have information where the info may be found. Regards,

Sadly and for no apparent reason the forum has deleted all the reference sections on field gear.  There were many posts there with good info.

I too would like to know why the deletion of all that info.

What were you info looking for?

Pep, thank you for answering.  There is still a lot of info but nothing that tied it together if it was your post.  What is odd that I found it no more than a week ago and now it has completely disappeared.  I found a rubber (insulated) model the other day for a few dollars and I knew I had read about the removable knobs and molded type then I found the posting with the 4 or 5 types and different pouches.  After a few days I thought I would mark it for reference and I couldn't find it.  I wanted to see it again because I believe it contained a few pouches that were not the typical 1917-18 varieties.  Regards and thanks again for commenting. 

IMG_0577.JPG