Spanish American War

star194

oskar_2ndchev
This company offers a well made copy of the "Prairie" belt http://www.wolfearsequipment.com Considerably more expensive than S&S but made in America instead of Pakistan. It's model LB-B.

If we're talking about an 1876 belt, they're using brown leather when it should be black.

If we're talking about an 1876 belt, they're using brown leather when it should be black.

Available in black,$10 extra,it's on the order sheet.That net listing is by no means a complete list of their offerings.

Dorsey's American Military Belts and Related Equipments describes the M1876 Cartridge Belt narrow and wide variations as having russet leather not black.

oskar_2ndchev
Dorsey's American Military Belts and Related Equipments describes the M1876 Cartridge Belt narrow and wide variations as having russet leather not black.

Interesting- the one example I've seen was in black although I suppose aging might have darkened it. I'll have to chase down the regs for this one.