Maj. Winters last jump!

Ricardo

It looked a whole lot better with him standing by it Lewis. Thanks for the "now" photo, here's the "then" shot.

"Greater Love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" - John 15:13

winters_1801227b.jpg

I know we have a thread regarding tribute's to Major Dick Winters, but I thought it would be nice to do a little artwork tribute.

This man will always be in the Company of Heros and a great leader.

Regards,Paul.

post-17308-1295311163.jpg

The biggest brother is at peace and will be missed and honored for years to come! He really helped to open the eyes of many Americans to the courage, honor, ethics, and humility of many of the greatest generation.

Curraheee!

Mike

We lost a great American, in my mind, up there with some of the greatest military leaders in US History. No telling how many Son's & Fathers came home in WW2 just because he was one in command. The Diease he suffered with is a terrible Diease, my Father is a Vietnam Vet and suffering with it so terribly. I know he is finally reunited with some of his buddies in Heaven that were lost during those battles in WW2 long ago.

I happen to live in SE PA area. Took some time to pay my respects this past weekend. So long sir.

The humble marker matches the humility of the man.

• 11 months later...

RIP Major Winters. Your Service and dedication to our Nation and Soldiers was - and always will be - a shining example of what true leadership looks like. I am sorry that I never got to meet you personally, but your example made me a better leader.

What a sad, and very tragic loss of a great man.

I remember reading about it one year ago and being shocked. This was when I started to become interested in the history of WW2, and I had just finish Band of Brothers. To find out that he had passed, was just a shocker.

In my time on this planet, I've seen the last World War One Veterans pass, and in my time on earth I will most likely see the last World War Two, Korea, and Vietnam veterans pass. Though the time fades as do their numbers, their legacies will never be forgotten. Appreciate those heros now, for we can't forever.

Thank the Vets of foriegn wars, they've been through a hell that no civilian could ever know. I know that I myself don't understand it, but at least we know that they do and can honor them for it.

You will be missed Major Winters. You were a great man, and thank you for serving us in the Company of Heros. Thank you for helping shape the world into what it is today.