Maj. Winters last jump!

Ricardo

A fine man is no longer.

It sure is very saddening news.

He reached a very nice age ... so many men never had that luck.

RIP Major.

Erwin

So sad , there was always a will of not wanting to believe it but after hearing it from the best source...that crashed my world yesterday.

Well , he reached a verry good age and i do believe he has led the life he wanted wich makes me happy in some way.

Also his leadership feeling depicted in the miniseries , told in books , interviews...must be an example for the future.

To me he was a good example and i picked up things he sayed and i will continue doing that.

Rest in peace, you will never be forgotten.

Hang Tough!

Rest in Peace Maj. Winters.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

We all know that our time on earth is short.

This man, by all accounts, was a person to look up to. A Christian; a man who loved his family; a military hero; a man of honor.

What more can anyone ask for out of this life?

God bless him and his family.

My wife and I heard about the news this morning... we teared up. A truly great man, not just for his military service, but because of the way he led his life- honest and with integrity. Men like Mr. Winters are hard to replace. He will be greatly missed.

Just saw the AP article. Sad news indeed.

Below is an excerpt from the AP article, which is at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110110/ap_on_...us_obit_winters

We don't normally post tributes to deceased veterans on our forum home page as we did with Dick Winters today, but really he is an icon for all the veterans of WWII. He'd probably be the first to tell you he didn't do anything special, just his job. But, the story of Winters and Easy Company just doing their jobs created a renewed awareness of the defining event of the 20th century and the men and women who gave so much because of it. I think that because of Band of Brothers, all WWII veterans got a deserved recognition late in their lives and I think that many who been silent for decades opened up to share experiences they'd been proud of, scared of and hesitant to speak of.

Dick Winters name is better known than most, but his passing is a prominent reminder that "The Greatest Generation" is nearing the end of its era.

wintersap.jpg

I was shocked a few moments ago when a fellow teacher opened my door and shared the news. I headed here first.

R.I.P. Major Winters