Victory Banks

turmanator

Found these 2 rather roughly made banks at an antique mall. About 10" tall

Look like a big bullet with a large "V" on the side. Unfinished on bottom and no markings.

Are these worth buying? $20.00 apiece.

0108111743.jpg

They look to be nice pieces and could go very nicely with a home front display.

While I'm not a big V ceramic collector I would think $20 would be less than market value for these banks considering age and condition. :thumbsup:

I have one in the shape of a bomb.The banks are one of those items where its value is determined by the buyer(in my opinion).The price of $20

isnt really out of line as its an item that isnt always seen.If they were $35 or more I would pass.Most of the banks were broken open to cash in your savings.Or thrown away years ago.So to me $20 for a vintage home front item isnt bad if you want it for the collection.To try and sell for profit maybe another story.Some of the home front items do bring good priced.Most shops will do a 10 percent discount most of the time if the item is over a certain dollar amount.Ask them if they would do better on the pair.Never hurts to ask :thumbsup:

RD

Thanks...

I think I'll go back and get at least one of them. Will look good sitting on the

shelf with my mortar and bazooka rounds....!

Homefrontguy

I would buy them. Doyler is absolutely correct in that the value of all items is driven by supply and demand. If these banks werent WWII Home Front related I wouldnt be interested even if it was a great value. The price guide value on these is listed at $65 if they are in good condition so if you wonder if that is a fair value for them my opinion, yes. They appear to be the banks made by the Feibor Co. of New York.

I went back this morning and bought the lighter of the 2. It has a little wear around the mouth (but no chipping)

whereas the darker one looks like it was never used. But I liked the lighter one better, more "bullet" colored

then the dark one. I will go back next weekend after I get paid and if the other is still there I may pick it up

for my brother or dad.

Thanks for the tip! It looks good on my shelf in my "war corner" (my wif won't let me have a whole room, so all I get is a corner!)

• 4 weeks later...

I think those are a great find, and aren't overpriced at $20. I'd pay that, and be glad that I found them. Have never seen that item, and I look often, so they aren't common.

• 1 month later...

I ended up going back and getting the other one (the darker one) for my dad! It appeared unused. He collects WWII stuff too.