Green Beret

QED4

I picked up a Green Beret at the flea market last Monday and I am not sure what it is or rather where it came from. The outside is nothing unusual, wool body, leather sweat band, two vent holes with metal grommets, and stiffener in front, it had a SF DI on a SF jump wing oval pined to it. The liner is what I don't know about, the sides are black and the top is bright yellow and quilted with a plastic sweat shield sewn to the yellow part. The sweat shield has a five sided pocket heat welded to it where I assume the original label was. It is good quality but not high quality. I know Special Forces are all over the place so it could be from just about anywhere, even American made. Dose anyone have any ideas where this may have been made as I would like to get the appropriate flash for it. The picture show it turned inside out.

post-55-1189276752.jpg

I am curious about the DUI on the jump wing oval. That doesn't sound right -- it should be on a shield-shaped flash. How about a pic of this too?

G

The oval is definitely wrong, it was pined on vertically rather than horizontally as it would be when worn with the wings. They are both US made and real Special Forces insignia, the oval just should not have been on the beret. I doubt it was ever worn that way, I am guessing someone pined them on later probably just to keep them all together.

I was just looking through Special Forces of the United States by Ian Sutherland, actually looking for something else when I came across a picture of a beret with the same yellow and black lining and plastic shield with five sided pocket for the label. It says the beret was made in Thailand so I guess that answers my question.

and on page 418 there's a CPT wearing a jump oval on his beret.

I was just looking through Special Forces of the United States by Ian Sutherland, actually looking for something else when I came across a picture of a beret with the same yellow and black lining and plastic shield with five sided pocket for the label. It says the beret was made in Thailand so I guess that answers my question.