USAF Security Force BDU with CIB & Air Assult Badge

keith d

I picked up 2 of these, both the same but the other still has the name tape and named to Ihnat. As you can see it has a Security Force Badge, Senior Force Protection Badge, Combat Infantry Badge and Basic Air assault Badge. It does have a few splatters of blue paint on it but all patches are sewn on professional. It looks like it has a Does anyone have any ideas on this one? I can't tell the date on this one but the other is dated 1987. Sooner or later it will be up for sale. Just wanted to get some opinions on it first. Thanks!

post-189-1294510220.jpgpost-189-1294510242.jpg

Tactical Air Command died on 01 June 1992, becoming Air Combat Command.....the CIB and Air Assault are possible...he could have been in the Army for Grenada or Panama and then did an intra-service transfer....when I first got to the AFMC Headquarters at Wright-Patterson in March 1998, we had a MSgt in our division who always wore blues and had the CIB, Air Assault and a Purple Heart from his Army days...needless to say he turned a few heads when he went walking by....so, its an uncommon, but not unheard of combination.....

Mark sends

I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

A co-worker of mine was regular Army for 13 years, tours in Iraq & Bosnia, he rates several Army badges, he left he active Army & went to the Air Guard, he wears those badges on his Air Force uniforms.

MW

Neat item! When we first had items like this appear on the Forum we used to have endless posts about how this was impossible as it violated USAF uniform regulations. Not denying that, but we have had multiple examples of this type of thing. Who can blame someone who'd earned all that for wanted to keep wearing it? And these would seem to support his role as a Security Policeman. Thanks for sharing!

Neat item! When we first had items like this appear on the Forum we used to have endless posts about how this was impossible as it violated USAF uniform regulations. Not denying that, but we have had multiple examples of this type of thing. Who can blame someone who'd earned all that for wanted to keep wearing it? And these would seem to support his role as a Security Policeman. Thanks for sharing!

Not so sure it was against AF regs in the 80s. I saw a few CIBs worn, including one on an F-15 pilot's nametag. He was flying in the 32 TFS out of Soesterberg in the Netherlands, and had stopped at Bitburg, Germany for service. Interesting that his nametag had the CIB above the pilot wings, so he must have held that CIB in higher regard.

Randy