WWII & Pre-WWII Submarine Dolphins

Next up, 3 mess dress reverses showing different hallmarks. Two have identical marks to the full size badges shown above, and one has the "GF", or Gold Filled mark seen on JLENG's full size badge he posted earlier.

post-6517-1312690678.jpg

Final note on Amico sub badges; I've seen a few examples stamped with the Amico shield hallmark sometimes seen on wings produced by this company. Sorry I dont own an example to post here, but they do exist.

• 2 weeks later...
Final note on Amico sub badges; I've seen a few examples stamped with the Amico shield hallmark sometimes seen on wings produced by this company. Sorry I dont own an example to post here, but they do exist.

There is also a mark that reads "Amico 14K" on some full size sub badges. What's odd is that the mark is almost identical (save the 14K) as that found on the wings Amico made for some foreign AFs in WW2.

I have been meaning to add this well worn pair with the Amico shield marking from my little collection.

Regards

Mike

post-11042-1314365632.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Below is a badge that I have had for many years and probably picked up at a flea market or some such. To my eyes they resemble Josh's posts 7&8 and Rustywings' #91 from the front. The back, while hollow as theirs, is quite different and much more detailed though. The only marking is "STERLING + 1/20 10K G.F.". They have a hook and lock ball catch. I can't even be sure they are WWII era. Any thoughts?

Jim

post-129-1321299719.jpgpost-129-1321299879.jpg

post-129-1321299672.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Nose Dragon

post-589-1294984056.jpg

post-589-1294984067.jpg

post-589-1294984074.jpg

Nose Dragon co.

K.2262 Boone Road

[oppersite Hongkew market]

Shanghai.

Taken from a business card, posted in GROUPINGS by Kamemono. Titled Yangtze patrol, USS Luzon, USS Beaver.Fin W. Outler, Shanghai and Tsingtao

Sorry I still dont know how to provide a link.

Graham

Try this

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...howtopic=145564

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Comparison of two mess dress pins that I attribute to Blackinton. The top has an incised hallmark, and come under catch. The lower badge has a raised hallmark, and drop in catch. Both exhibit the same die flaw radiating from the dosal fin on the right hand dolphins.

Josh

post-6517-0-46301900-1366412088.jpg

• 4 months later...