Looking for some M43 Two Buckle Boots

Garandomatic

Garandomatic

I have just about wore out my Altima 'Nam jungle boots, and though I will buy another pair, as they are awesome boots, but I need a pair of two-buckle boots that I can wear. They'd fit in with my late WWII uniforms and would be appropriate for the recreation I am planning to do of my neighbor when he was in Korea. I have an original pair, but they aren't serviceable by any means!

I forget who I bought my roughouts from, they are decent, but require some ehavy duty insoles and still make me feel like I've been plowing fields all day. Not the farmer with the whip, the MULE! Anybody have good experiences with the various reproduction companies out there? I'd like to be able to wear them on occasion for the heck of it. I once considered the French boots, but they are usually super small or too big, and I'd rather buy new because I'm too old to make do with someone else's already broken in footwear. Thanks!

Dirteater101

Avoid those french boots, the soles are not right and they never stop squeaking.

IT pains me to admit this (before Juan chimes in) that the Atthefrount chineese double buckles are rather comfy and wear rather nicely. Had them for 4 seasons and they required little break in. Just remember to mink oil them before wearing them in a wet environment. Otherwise they act like sponges, worse than the old issue modern dessert boots...

I bought a pair of SM Wholesale boot sometime ago and they without doubt the most comfortable boots I have worn for sometime now.

It not saying anything negative about the all the other suppliers...and I have bought stuff from most of them, but the SM stuff is incredible quality.

You can't go wrong.

Here is a link to what they have on sale now

SM Wholesale Boots

Garandomatic

Cool. I don't reenact, but occasionally wear a uniform when I get to that spot in my American and world history classes. I also prefer boots to shoes, but rest assured I don't blouse them! I might put some tax refund dough on a pair from somewhere. Still open to new ideas, keep 'em coming!

I bought a pair of SM Wholesale boot sometime ago and they without doubt the most comfortable boots I have worn for sometime now.

It not saying anything negative about the all the other suppliers...and I have bought stuff from most of them, but the SM stuff is incredible quality.

I second that. I have a pair of their boots, bought from WPG a few years ago. They feel great and broke in very quickly.

Captainofthe7th

I also support WPG - bought my pair from them a few years ago and I use them for reenacting, displays, and yardwork. If you dub them as you should they look fantastic. Vets and reenactors alike think they're original.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...
Sheikh Al Stranghi
I also support WPG - bought my pair from them a few years ago and I use them for reenacting, displays, and yardwork. If you dub them as you should they look fantastic. Vets and reenactors alike think they're original.

Rob

I agree- they look great. Being a heavy user of this stuff though, I have to say the ONLY proper footwear would be new-production corcoran jumpboots. Those are the only US ww2 boots around today that will actually give support to your feet. All repro low shoes are just plain bad in terms of comfort, even the WPG M1943 combat boots. The soles are flimsy and the upper leather is way too thin. Originals were a bit thicker and more sturdy, even though those weren't the best either. Either go with good repro service shoes, or jumpboots. You can sew buckles on service shoes, that happened a lot.

For static displays it would not matter much but if you plan on doing any walking, stay away from the reverse upper repro's.

• 1 month later...
ww2reproductions

I have used my boots for 4 years on the farm ...and reenacting sometimes.... They are just starting to fall apart..Now that good value...Mind you I am thinking of gluing then back together :blink:

At the front...you cannot go wrong.

My issue army GP boots only lasted one year.

So apart from double buckle boots I also have service shoes.

All great to wear and no braking in.

Leo

The boots in the link are from S&M Wholesale.

WPG is the seller What Price Glory.

And WPG gets their boots from SM Wholesale...