Bank Vault

What is your favorite

M-1 followed by the 1911a1 for pistols.

Machine gun wise, I gotta go with the BAR. As much as I like my M-60, I'd trade it over for a real GI M1918A2 any day.

For sure it would be the M1.

Final_goodby001.jpg

"The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

I have to say I am partial to the M1A1 1911 Remington Rand and the Thompson M1A1 since I own both.

I purchased the .45 from a guy at work a couple years back, we were not sure what we had until I did some research on the Internet. Turns out to be a July 1945 manufacture date with in the last 1500 RR built. It was an arsenal rebuild with a colt slide and various other replaced parts. I have since added the replaced parts to the best of my knowledge to make it as it is today. I added the ivory handles from the CBI which I obtained form ebay.

My Uncle served in China in 1945 navigating C-47's in the China Offense. I just picture some airman in China or India working out a deal with the locals for a pair of Ivory handles for his .45. I have a sentimental attachment since I had family their and collect items as these.

The Thompson also came from ebay. I do not know much about it and still researching. I do need a dummy receiver if any of you know where or how I can opting one.

Thanks and happy collecting

paul

Paul Shindelar, WWII collector, CBI, Air Corp, 14th AF and Army ETO items.

My intrest comes from family history, Uncle 1st Lt. Carl H. Leuenberger Navigator 27th Troop Carrier SQ., 14th AF. Oct. 41-Dec.-46.

I am not sure what I did but will try and upload other pictures.

sorry.

paul

post-1704-1191004535.jpg

post-1704-1191004550.jpg

My intrest comes from family history, Uncle 1st Lt. Carl H. Leuenberger Navigator 27th Troop Carrier SQ., 14th AF. Oct. 41-Dec.-46.

thank you,

paul

post-1704-1191004922.jpg

post-1704-1191004944.jpg

My "favorite" like meaning which one I like admire the most, I would have to say the Mauser K98 and Luger P08

If I had to pick two weapons to carry into combat it would be the AK-47 and 1911, no doubt, hands down.

post-1788-1191295979.jpg

post-1788-1191295987.jpg

-Tyler Ramsey

I agree on the 1911

DSCF1303.jpg

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif

I've been following this post right a long now, and I am just amazed that others don't feel the same way about the MG42. 1,500 rounds a minute... for WWII standards, that is just a BEAST!!! One thing that Germany was, and still is known for, is their ability to manufacture superb firearms.

If I was to choose a strictly American firearm, then I would have to say that the Thompson would "take the cake" (Don't ask me where).

Chris

Long gun would be a Sharps Model 1874 in .50-90. Handgun is the 5.5 inch barreled Colt Single Action Army in .45 Colt. Beltfed is hands down the MG3/42 family. Field strip in 8 seconds, barrel change in 3 seconds, 900 rpm. Simply the best GPMG ever devised!

Gary

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

"YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH RED WINE, TOO MANY BOOKS, OR TOO MUCH AMMUNITION."

Rudyard Kipling

I am in love with my 1911, liking of many firearms comes and goes with me but that 1911 has my heart, and as far as non military long gun I have to say my Ruger M77 30-06 Ultralite takes the gold.

Garand M1 and M1911 pistol, even if my S&W M1917 is really accurate and reliable. In my youth I did a lot of competitive shooting with the M1 and we all were able to have consistent hits on a pumpkin at 330 yds in prone position with a stock rifle in .308 W.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

1911A1 and 98K rifle. although my p38 is a great plinker.

I collect pre-1948 US Navy rates, and WWII US Navy enlisted uniforms and equipment.

Wanted: items related to VPB-103, USN jumpers with USMC SSI and USMC uniforms with navy insignia.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I agree on the 1911

DSCF1303.jpg

I agree too ,

IMG_0840.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read this in english, thank a veteran!

The 105mm M68 of the M60A3 (TTS) followed closely by the 152mm M81 of the M60A2. I don't want to carry a weapon, I'd rather have my weapon carry me. ;)

Judges 1:19- And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

I favor the M1 Garand Rifle and Springfield sniper modified rifles. My most favorite gun has to be the German Mauser K98 Rifle. thumbsup.gif

- Jeff

9/11: The Pearl Harbor of Our Time

22-orange.jpgI Proudly Support Our Troops And The War On Terror. 22-orange.jpg

We are winning the War on Terror. Learn more at: www.MoveAmericaForward.org

Tell Obama that we need to keep jobs here in the U.S., NOT overseas!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

Handgun: My M1911A1(colt) or My Walther P-38(ac41)

Longgun: My 1903(Bought in Basic 1981) or My M-1 Garand (SA #31422XX)

Do I have to pick just one?

Still partial to the 1911 pistol series. Carry one on a daily basis..45ball stops them all...

Rifles, well.... have a lot of them. The Garrard, and its "kin" (the M14/M1A) practically shoot them selves, and respond well to ...."less than ideal" operating conditions....

But, I really like My Enfields. The #4mk1 shoots well enough to give my 1903 and M-1 a run for its money. And my #1mk3, you really do not care if you hit anything with it (you might). Just know that with this "quite substantial" rifle, you can beat a rhino to death with it. And maybe just scratch the stock..Than you have that little #5 "jungle carbine". Carry it all day. but is just so unpleasant to shoot... Akin to getting kicked in the shoulder by a startled mule....

Where else can you get such a wide variety of experiences with one weapons system?

Dirteater101

Head Gun junkie

Old Trooper Gunsmiths

"Support your local gunsmith; Shoot something till it breaks!"

Hello

What I like for my favourites and what is "best" in the real world are two very different things LOL.

Being of English Ancestry, I tend to like the Lee-Metford & Lee-Enfield family of rifles/carbines that were the mainstay of HMs Forces from circa 1888 until circa 1957 (and then some after that). I'd love to have a Victorian era Lee-Metford Magazine Rifle Mk.I or Mk.II...but due to my job/cash situation...that will not happen anytime soon. Meanwhile, I'll be grateful with my two No.4 Mk.I rifles and my No.1 Mk.III Rifle.

I also like the Martini-Henry Rifle, and I do have an 1888 Mk.II that I bought with the money I saved when I quit smoking.

As for pistols/revolvers? I like the Webley & Scott Revolvers, I do have a post-WWII Commercial .38" Cal. Mk.IV that I got very cheap, and am very grateful to have.

But I also like the S&W Victory Model, both the British and US versions. I do have a British version, but really hope to have a US version sooner or later, simply for the fact that my Dad carried one during his time in the War.

I don't have the cash to even consider an M-1 Rifle or Carbine in the near future, and the same goes for the M-1911A1 Pistol, to spendy for me. Maybe if I found a beat up sporterised Model-1917 Rifle that I could piece back together, that would be my best hope for owning a US rifle.

Thanks

Mark

Last of the famous Tomcat Plane Captains.

U.S. Navy 1989-1993

VF-302 Fighting Stallions, NAS Miramar, San Diego, So. Cal. 1990-1993DSCN0808.jpg

Honest to God truth? All of 'em. I will someday expand into Spanish-American War, but I have NEVER missed anything with the USMC used '03. The '17 has better sights for anything past careful groundhog and target shooting though. M1 feels like YOUR OWN bed or your favorite easy chair and is semi to boot. Recently became acquainted with the AR/M16 world after I bought a new one and "Nam'd it with some old A1 parts I bought years ago in case I got one, and I like everything about it except for the cleaning process. I don't live in the jungle though!

Arisakas are like calf brains to me. Some folks say they are a delicacy, but I can't swallow it, even knowing full well that they are a good rifle from reading numerous positive articles on them. Just a 100% personal thing.

As for pistols, I love the look of the Luger and C96 Red 9, but the Luger especially has its weaknesses. M1911 all the way, though I love my pre-model 10 almost Victory S&W to death.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

I guess I will allways be a sucker for the 03 and 03A3, and the M1's :lol:

000_1568.jpg

000_1566.jpg

100_1141.jpg

Checkmate King 2
White Rook Out

I need to un-paratrooper my QH M1 Carbine. Been thinking about putting together a Korean War uniform lately, and I think it'll be for a man with a carbine.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Rifle is my M-14 which I have used every year for the past 15 + deer hunting great rifle -- hand gun is my 45 auto cocked and locked since 1911

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.