VMF(N)513 Marine Night Fighter Group Korea

TomPearson

Great Grouping I bought from this Marine Night Fighter vet the other day see pictures He was in VMF 513 the Flying Nightmares, He started training in 43 but his combat time was in Korea

about 50 combat missions. I have both flight log books I have other things also his uniform Hat Wings so on but I think a very rear group with flight jacket. He did most of these missions flying

F7F Tigercats. I have not posted anything in a long time so I thought this would be cool to show!

Thanks

Tom

post-393-1294280456.jpg

I love that Jacket and patch and that H-4 helmet Those H-4s are hard to find with the complete liner and the ms2201 mask with them :thumbsup: Super find!

That is a great looking group, well done.

Good that you have the 1st hand history too.

That is what makes it important.

JC

BTW, your mannequin could use some skivvies.

Very Nice. Does the Vet have anything Else He is holding on to? Sounds like you have a very Complete grouping.

Congratulations

I have everthing he had but he did keep one set of wings and some pictures the only thing I do need is his discharge papers I have more pics but they are two large for the forum, no other patches it would be cool if he did I think it is a rear patch. Mabe later I will try to down size them. The flight jacket is minty.

Tom

teufelhunde.ret
... The flight jacket is minty.

Holy Cow! one seldom see's them in this condition, hope to see more of this group?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's a wonderful grouping that I would like to have in my USN Korean war collection!!! :thumbsup:

The helmet is the first H-3 version from March 1951. Not easy to find!

Do you have any other group's item to show?

Franck

• 8 years later...

I have a squadron photo from February 1951 if you're interested. Would you be able to identify the vet in the photo?