5 star medals and decorations

4STARCHRIS

post-387-1294612132.jpg

This is an original set of ribbons belonging to General of the Army/ General of the Air Force Henry "Hap" Arnold. These are in private hands.

I had a great oppurtunity to look at these and many more great items in this collectors collection.

4starchris

post-387-1294628791.jpg

These are Bradley's mini medal set that was at the Infantry Museum in Georgia. Do not know if they made it to the new museum.

4starchris

Chris;

What an awesome set of photos. Can't thank you enough for posting them. I was especially taken with the side view photo of McArthur's Purple Heart. I was able to blow it up enough to clearly see the number 1. Fantastic.

On another note, sad to hear of the passing of Major Dick Winters. RIP, and thank you.

Halsey, marshall, king nothing? No pics of any of these groups?

Does anyone care or would like to see them?

4starchris

Absolutely, please do post. I work at George C. Marshall Space Flight Center; kind of interested from that aspect as well.

I spent hours searching the internet for any hint of the locations of Leahy's decorations. NADA.

Absolutely, please do post. I work at George C. Marshall Space Flight Center; kind of interested from that aspect as well.

I spent hours searching the internet for any hint of the locations of Leahy's decorations. NADA.

I agree NADA. Whats up with that. That is why I have asked if anyone has seen them.

Do you have pics of marshall's or halsey's etc?

thanks for the reply

4starchris

I don't have any 5 star...but I've got some others....

Jason. Please post any medal group would be ok with me. I am a medal guy and love to see different medal groupings. Please post on the thread.

Thanks in advance for posting.

4starchris

Jason. Please post any medal group would be ok with me. I am a medal guy and love to see different medal groupings. Please post on the thread.

Thanks in advance for posting.

4starchris

I will post pictures of Marshall's medals shortly.

Brian

If anyone wants to see closeups let me know. I have them, for the sake of storage space I won't post them.

4starchris

Hi Chris,

Are any of his citations available? I would love to see some of those!

Can you please post some closeups of his pre-Ww2 medals?