WAR BONDS HOME FRONT

KEF

Hello Military Forum, I'm Kef and happy to be among other collectors of militaria and discuss and show our historically significant collections.

I,m new to this forum and green as how to manage my posts & photos. I will try and keep the SNAFU's & FUBAR's to a minimum when submitting content to the Military Forum.

I presently collect WW II HOME FRONT items, mostly the financing of the war, WAR BONDS & STAMPS and all War Bond related promotional items. My collecting started in 1989 around the time I volunteered my help to restore a Boeing B-17F Flying Fortress in Seattle and began collecting B-17 and related memorabilia, USAAF followed then with slogan related items like "KEEP 'EM FLYING" and then BUY U.S. WAR BONDS & STAMPS for VICTORY.

I guess I will start with one photo since I'm yet to figure out how to add multiple photos to a New Topic with out going over the 150k attachment limit. Even though I have a dozen more photos in my Manage Attachments but do not know how to retrieve them or attach them to a post.

I do have 100's of Home Front items in the collection and have displayed them a few times in a antique mall collector showcases near Seattle. I will post a photo of the display but it does not show much detail given the 150k limit. So I will post more detailed close ups later a I learn to use the forum, and post like.

I hope to be put in touch with other home front collectors, particularly with the financing of WWII through War Bonds and Stamps.

And remember Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd and Porky Pig sang "Any Bonds Today" 'bonds of freedom is what I'm sellin' to millions in WW II.

(check out the youtube.com video of 'em)

That’s all folks...and “Keep “Em Flying”

post-9627-1294000884.jpg

Welcome aboard Kef. You'll find many like-minded collectors here. Re posting multiple photos, once you've re-sized them, you can just add additional ones to your thread by clicking on the ADD REPLY tab and creating another posting featuring the next photo(s)...and so on. You'll soon get the hang of it!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Kef. You'll find many like-minded collectors here. Re posting multiple photos, once you've re-sized them, you can just add additional ones to your thread by clicking on the ADD REPLY tab and creating another posting featuring the next photo(s)...and so on. You'll soon get the hang of it!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Thanks Sabrejet for the tip on how to post photos

Kef

"Any Bonds Today?"

A $25.00 war bond and items sellers and promoters would wear.

The Water Weasel patch was worn by newspaper boys who sold lots of war stamps.

Not sure of the other patches...KEF

post-9627-1294007028.jpg

My favorite B-17 item.

A marble and chrome ashtray once belonged to a (G-2 or G-4?) officer 8th Air Force.

When I received it was nicotine stained from 1000's of Camels/Lucky Strikes, it took hours to clean. Maybe I should have left the history on it?

KEF

post-9627-1294007720.jpg

More promotional War Bond items form of buttons some for sales/promo some for buyers.

Bond buyers that 10% of their income into War Bonds and those that were apart of the 8 War Loans (War Bond drives)

1-7 War Loans & the 8th VICTORY LOAN program

$185 billion dollars in war bonds and stamps were sold...

KEF

post-9627-1294008394.jpg

"Keep 'em Flying", RPH ,"V" and BOEING felt patch found in a shop Everett, Wa

Have not yet identified.Could be a Boeing team sports type application.

Item is 7" X 7"

KEF

post-9627-1294009489.jpg

War Loan stickers homes that bought War Bonds would advertise that they helped out the war effort on the home front

2nd - 7th war loans 8th war loan know as the Victory Loan. The allies new that there would be "V" days soon sold war bonds into 1946

post-9627-1294010928.jpg

Kef, great looking display and your Boeing patch is a wonderful find. I have collected factory patches over the years and I have never seen the one you have in your collection. Thanks for posting your Home Front collection, some really good stuff! I will keep coming back to this thread, lots to see and take in. Gregg

G.I.'s could buy War Bonds through V-Mail sent from home

And application form and a small poster promoting sending War Bonds to G.I.'s

Also shown standard V-Mail form.

Kef

post-9627-1294011770.jpg

I sell War Stamps hat, could have been the soda fountain jerk or the gas station attendant who might sell you war stamps to put in your album. Soon as you filled an album with $18.75 in war stamps you could buy a $25.00 War Bond

KEF

post-9627-1294012352.jpg

Ads appeared 1000's of places besides on the posters. Here two milk bottles, one bottle if you were to put 10% of you income into war bonds would be like a poke in the eye at Hitler,

post-9627-1294012765.jpg

More from the display.

Posters, comic books (Bugs Bunny again) handing Porky Pig a $100.00 war bond.

The Minute Man statue become the icon of the U.S. Treasury War Bond and War Stamp programs. The home front farmer coming to the aid of his country. Therefore buying War Bonds the Home Front Civilian came to the aid of their country...

KEF

post-9627-1294013760.jpg

These printers blocks added the Minute Man Icon to tens of thousands of printed materials.

Many pages in WWII era magazines had this stamped somewhere.

post-9627-1294014311.jpg

A $25.00 War Bond in its issue envelope.

This is what started me collecting War Bonds and related.

My B-17E envelope with "Keep "em Flying" and the button I had.

I say "why don't I get a real War Bond to put in it"

Is this how collectors make a crossover to another facet of their obsessive passion?

I tell myself I'm doing this for history I'm putting this comprehensive one of everything collection together so somebody one day discovers it. And they say "this is outstanding this needs to go in the Americana section of the Smithsonian" But really, I do it for myself its a hobby but I am always compelled to share it somehow and somewhere.

Are their other collectors of Home Front Americana with their own specialty fields within the Home Front category that have thoughts and comments of why they are compelled to collect items with in the Home Front field?

What shall we do with these historically important collections other than break them up one day and sell them one at a time?

post-9627-1294014687.jpg

Kef, great looking display and your Boeing patch is a wonderful find. I have collected factory patches over the years and I have never seen the one you have in your collection. Thanks for posting your Home Front collection, some really good stuff! I will keep coming back to this thread, lots to see and take in. Gregg

thanks Gregg Id like to see some of your factory patches

KEF

Thanks for posting your wonderful collection, I really enjoyed looking at your displays.

Homefront memorabilia is fun to collect, it is relatively cheap, colorful and displays well.

Again a very nice collection!