WWII Navy Pilot Grouping,Guadalcanal VP-54

mark leonard

HI Mark

That group turned out better than described! There are sleepers still to be found on Ebay!

Kut

• 1 year later...

My dad was the group medical officer for VP-54 on Guadalcanal from Mar 1943 to Dec 1943. His name was John F. W. King, MD. He is included in the photo of officers: 2nd row, 5th from right. At the time he was a Lieutenant.

He was living in Wilmington, DE. He later moved to northern NJ and passed away recently in 2009. He continued in the Naval Reserve, serving at Quonset Point, RI, during the Korean conflict and retiring with the rank of Captain. He attended several reunions of VP-54 and always treasured his model of a PBY-5A Black Cat.

John F. King

Arlington Heights, IL

My dad was the group medical officer for VP-54 on Guadalcanal from Mar 1943 to Dec 1943. His name was John F. W. King, MD. He is included in the photo of officers: 2nd row, 5th from right. At the time he was a Lieutenant.

He was living in Wilmington, DE. He later moved to northern NJ and passed away recently in 2009. He continued in the Naval Reserve, serving at Quonset Point, RI, during the Korean conflict and retiring with the rank of Captain. He attended several reunions of VP-54 and always treasured his model of a PBY-5A Black Cat.

John F. King

Arlington Heights, IL

Hello John

I have two more photos of your dad,maybe more I will look. The first photo he is holding the paper................Mark

post-6643-0-30394300-1353543376_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

Does anyone recognize this officer Guadalcanal photo? He was my uncle. Any more photos that include him or additional information about him?

post-193419-0-24563100-1540919078.jpg

• 5 weeks later...