Finally got all 50!

Robswashashore

I collect both color and subdued NG State Headquarters patches. Even though the color patch is more eye catching, the subdued patch is more significant to me as it was that one most commonly worn on a day to day basis by Soldiers.

Robswashashore
Nice patches! :bravo: I have noticed that someone is selling off alot of Civil Air Patrol (CAP) patches on eBay.Some are very cool,I believe each state has one,

and I was tempted to start bidding,but...well,maybe later,I have too many obsessions as it is right now! :lol::wacko:

I agree about the CAP patches -- they are cool, and I have seen quite a few at the local Army Navy, but my gosh, this addiction has to stop SOMEWHERE...

.......right?....

Robswashashore
Nice patches! :bravo: I have noticed that someone is selling off alot of Civil Air Patrol (CAP) patches on eBay.Some are very cool,I believe each state has one,

and I was tempted to start bidding,but...well,maybe later,I have too many obsessions as it is right now! :lol::wacko:

I agree about the CAP patches -- they are cool, and I have seen quite a few at the local Army Navy, but my gosh, this addiction has to stop SOMEWHERE...

.......right?....

• 2 weeks later...
Robswashashore
I collect both color and subdued NG State Headquarters patches. Even though the color patch is more eye catching, the subdued patch is more significant to me as it was that one most commonly worn on a day to day basis by Soldiers.

Hey Kevin your inbox is full!

The other day,I came upon an older Oregon subdued in my riflings through the patch box at the local Army-Navy (The one with the beaver standing in front of the state capitol building; which, frankly, I prefer to the newer one!) PM me your addy and you can have it if you still need one.

Jean

Hey Wash---nice work---theres a really cool poster somewhere out there that shows all the state guard HQs and major units---I'll try to find my copy and see who made it and send you the info...but pls turn the Virginia patch right side up---Stonewall, Jeb and Robert E. are spinning in their graves.

regards, Al

post-12350-1293909732.jpg

Well, there's always State Guard!

Robswashashore
Hey Wash---nice work---theres a really cool poster somewhere out there that shows all the state guard HQs and major units---I'll try to find my copy and see who made it and send you the info...but pls turn the Virginia patch right side up---Stonewall, Jeb and Robert E. are spinning in their graves.

regards, Al

Oooops! thanks for the Heads up, Al!!! :blush:

• 4 weeks later...
Oooops! thanks for the Heads up, Al!!! :blush:

Jean

sorry for the long delay but took longer than I expected to find it. Heres the info:

Its called National Guard Shoulder Sleeve Insignia and it was done by the Government Printing Office 1987-J174-189. I'll try to take a picture somehow---its pretty big---nonetheless, some of the guys here that are in Guard units should be able to find you a copy in one of their Armories---I seem to remember seeing it everywhere and like most Army/USMC posters , we always got more than we could use so they were rolled up and stashed in every training room, NBC room, signal cage etc...

Al

My first thought for another collection was CAP patches. They do look cool. But I wasn't sure if they were considered US Militaria in this forum.

Nice collection.

Steve

Jean

sorry for the long delay but took longer than I expected to find it. Heres the info:

Its called National Guard Shoulder Sleeve Insignia and it was done by the Government Printing Office 1987-J174-189. I'll try to take a picture somehow---its pretty big---nonetheless, some of the guys here that are in Guard units should be able to find you a copy in one of their Armories---I seem to remember seeing it everywhere and like most Army/USMC posters , we always got more than we could use so they were rolled up and stashed in every training room, NBC room, signal cage etc...

Al

I have this poster and it's a nice one, but not a good identification guide for newer patches since it's nearly 25 years old. Several state patches have changed in that time.

Hey Kevin your inbox is full!

The other day,I came upon an older Oregon subdued in my riflings through the patch box at the local Army-Navy (The one with the beaver standing in front of the state capitol building; which, frankly, I prefer to the newer one!) PM me your addy and you can have it if you still need one.

Jean

Thanks for thinking of me Jean, unfortunately my PM box here seems to be perpetually full no matter how many times I empty it. I do have the older Oregon subdued patch.

• 2 weeks later...
Jean

Al

Jean---and finally the poster---it's pretty big so hard to get all in one shot...hope this helps a little.

regards, Al

post-2235-1298146778.jpg

post-2235-1298146789.jpg

Nice collection you have. :thumbsup: Some more NGHQ variants out there to look for. Some were not posted before, so if you don't mind, I should like to post what I could find so far.

19_NG_HQ.JPG

• 1 month later...
Cobrahistorian
Oh no, there's more than50?????? :blink:

I'll have to get a bigger board!

Yep, there are 54 STARC (STate ARea Command) patches total. You could always start on variants thereof, or obsolete STARC patches, or National Guard divisional or brigade patches too!

Jon