U. S. Navy rocker patches

yblockhead

Is there any interest in the U.S Navy rocker patches? I collected them while I was on active duty and I must have over 700 different ships/squadrons/shore stations. Collecting dust at the moment and thinking about downsizing to make room for a different area of military stuff. Unfortunately, I'm overseas (Japan) until April with the shipyard and can't get my fingers on a list right now. On the plus side, I've found a few WWII Japanese medals since I've been here!

Patchcollector
Is there any interest in the U.S Navy rocker patches? I collected them while I was on active duty and I must have over 700 different ships/squadrons/shore stations. Collecting dust at the moment and thinking about downsizing to make room for a different area of military stuff. Unfortunately, I'm overseas (Japan) until April with the shipyard and can't get my fingers on a list right now. On the plus side, I've found a few WWII Japanese medals since I've been here!

I have been thinking about adding rockers to my growing Navy patch collection.. :think: Hopefully,

we can hook up in April,in the meantime,I'll try and gather a list of my patches that need rockers.

BTW,I have acquired a few Japanese medals,they are quite nice,and usually come in cool little

wooden boxes.

kyhistorian01

I actually started picking them up when I was in the Navy but have only seriously started looking for them recently. I am getting about 18 from another forum member to match to ship patches I have but I am interested in getting more eventually. I started out getting them for the ships I was on and those that were moored next to us when I was able, but that was back in the late 1980s. I am especially looking for all the Iowa Class battleships to match patches I have. My rarest are an original USS Pueblo and a USS Scorpion. I'll try to send you a list of what I am looking for later.

Robert

Do you have a listing of the ships? Are they the newer black style ship tabs?

I do, but it's out of my reach until I get back from japan. Most of the stuff that I have would be from the 70's and newer. I do have some of the older rockers and a couple of the white with black lettering ones too. Have a few unit/ship/squadron patches also. My last 3 years in the navy was on a flat-top and I scarfed up everything I could get a hold of. I worked in the Machine-shop on board, and "com-sha" (sp?) was a well spoken word back then.

V/R, Richard

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, but I've already spotted your post about Navy ship tabs or rockers as you called them. Do you still have them? I collect early ship tabs and might be interested in yours! Thanks! Al

P.S.: I also have a ship tab "want list" for anyone else that may have any for sale!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I started collecting US Navy UIM tabs last year whilst visiting the US on HMS ARK ROYAL - Royal Navy aircraft carrier which has now been de-commissioned due to budget cuts. I was in Mayport and Norfolk and found that most of the ships were happy to trade a UIM for a British patch. I also picked up a large number from the tailoring shops outside the Naval Stations which do uniform alterations. I have since been steadily acquiring them from on line auctions. I have about 500 ships and about 50 - 100 shore commands. I must confess to being hooked on them....

Does anyone have a spare USS OLIVER HAZARD PERRY UIM whch they want to sell or trade please.