'42 Mountain Pack and Cartridge belt

B.A.R.gunner

Got this DM shoe '42 garand belt from Robinb off the forum last month. These are the pictures before i cleaned off the corrosion, and it came out nicely, but haven't got any photos of it cleaned up. Yesterday i stopped off at GI Joe's in North Attleboro, and went to the back and dug up three mountain packs, all in various conditions, one with the first frame and two with the later aluminum frames. They were all $80 but i had to have one, i'd never seen one in person before so i jumped on it. Picked out the best one, clean hardware nice canvas, and the original owner even threw in a free blood stain ( i think its blood) its Simmons co 1942. Anyway, did i do good on the price of this? let me know what you guys think. And can somebody tell me if i have the shoulder straps attached to the frame correctly?

post-11724-1293825790.jpg

post-11724-1293825800.jpg

B.A.R.gunner
Nice Moutain Bag, and good price too for it ;)

And for a corrosion, can tell me what is your method for do that please?

Thanks

Thierry

Ok, i can feel good about the price now, i saw some other threads that said these were easy to come across, so i thought i overpaid. As for corrosion removal, i just scraped it off lightly with a razor blade