Looking for pictures of USMC ambulance jeeps

tractor

From what I have learned they made roughly 500-800 Holden ambulance jeeps during WWII. The first batch were done by Holden in Austrailia on slat grills. After the first batch they were done in the states by the Marine Corp themselves. I know all the ACM 1 bodied jeeps that have apeared seem to be all Ford GPWs and the only ACM 2 body has no info to it. There is roughly 10 known to survive with the mass being in CA coming from Pendelton. There is 2 in Oregon Frank Steele and another person having 2 but one is a repro, 5 in CA 2 were on ebay and are unkown, 1 in Sacermento CA area, one in LA area, one on Centeral Coast sitting in my fron yard, 1 in Georgia, 1 in New York appeared on ebay, and one is in Wisconson and for sale. Does anyone know of any more?

If anyone has pictures in their collections or know of any I would love to see them.

Mark

post-9476-1293687123.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This link will take you to my YouTube channel and a short clip of combat camera footage shot on Iwo. The cameraman focuses on tires for some sort of "grunts on the move" message that some film project no doubt needed...but about half way through the sequence you'll see some beautiful color Holden footage...and at the end too. I sent this to Frank Steele (whom I've had the pleasure to meet) and he enjoyed it too.

Hope this is the type of thing you're looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/user/signaldepot#p/u/7/UDBxvT54ZOc

Rob Lihani

It is a great video I have downloaded it and wish it was bigger so I could zoom in bigger. I haven't met Frank in person but have seen his jeep but never went up close to photo it in April at Tower Park

• 7 years later...

Last nignt, I was reading about these Holden ambulance jeeps. It had reference pictures of one located at the Fort Economy Sam Werner Museum in Halsville, OH. This is a very interesting adaptation of the jeep.