NorthEastASMIC Show

BruceW

Its an early gig. 8-10 is prime time. Most guys set up at 7:30am and pack up and leave by 10:30-11:00 am. if sales and foot traffic are slow then folks may sometimes leave sooner. I was there until about 11 along with a handful of others.

-Jay

How was the turn out?

I got in my car at 7:30 and nearly slid off the road before the end of my street because of the ice. That and the 70 car pile up on rt290 convinced me to turn around. I'm surprised anyone made it.

Turn out was average.

I know I thought I was going to die a couple times on the way there. I was about half way when the roads started turning to ice. I take all back roads from route 2 to get there.

I set up as well yesterday and it was a slow day. Mostly everyone that managed to get there was late and a dealer. The little buying and selling that was done was between dealers and not much at that! Nice to have time to catch up with a few people as there were no customers to distract us! Still always fun and managed to spend money and see a few Forum members. My ride down from Maine was actually a breeze, it was more of a southern storm. Hopefully the weather will be better for the next few shows on Jan 5 and Feb 2, 2014.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My fiance' and I are saving our pennies to pay for our wedding this fall so I was not able to go to SOS this weekend. I hope some other folks are in the same boat and make it out to Boxboro on sunday. I'm gonna feel silly standing around all by myself. lol.

-Jay

• 4 weeks later...
patchtrader864

Mike the show is April 6th , Leigh just turned 80 so stop by our table [ 56 ] and wish him a happy birthday , also i think his son will be there from Texas.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...