Sgt. Neil McDonald Purple Heart Grouping

IMPERIAL QUEST

IMPERIAL QUEST

I thought I would keep you all in suspense along with me while I wait naughty.gif . Sgt. McDonald, Ser# 1526795, served in the Ohio National Guard prior to WW I. He was discharged to Coporal (3/12/18), promoted to Sergeant (5/15/18), was severly wounded on the first day of the Meuse Argonne Offensive (9/26/18), and was discharged with 5% disability on 1/31/19.

There are approximately 30 items in the group. Here is some of what the group includes: medals, original named and addressed shipping boxes for his medals, an early wrist watch with trench guard, identity discs, maps, and......

According to the UPS tracking system, my new love will be joined with me on 9/6/07. The anticipation of reception is nearing a fever pitch. fear.gifnerv0003.gifdrool2.gifjeal0001.gif Somewhere, in a UPS processing center in Memphis....my group awaits continuation of the final stretch of the journey - into my loving arms ermm.gif .

Stay tuned for photos....

jeremiahcable

Steve, that's a great grouping you have there. I am a fan of old watches and that trench watch really geats my attention in a serious way. Interesting that a serious wound only resulted in a 5% disability rating, do you know whay the wound was?

Jeremiah

IMPERIAL QUEST
Steve, that's a great grouping you have there. I am a fan of old watches and that trench watch really geats my attention in a serious way. Interesting that a serious wound only resulted in a 5% disability rating, do you know whay the wound was?

Jeremiah

Hi Jeremiah,

Yes I agree on the watch, I don't know if I like it or the PH better....

I haven't tracked down the info on the PH yet, but I too thought it was odd that he was listed as "severely wounded" in the Ohio register, yet only received a 5% allowance.

IMPERIAL QUEST

Thanks all. I'll post some tight shots of some of the more interesting items soon. The Ohio Nat'l Guard Marksman Badge is magnificent. It is of beautiful heavy construction, maker marked, chocolate bronze color and near mint. All of the minis are very old (my guess is 1930's) with wide backing attachments and old style pins. The two lapels are the earliest type I have seen. Both have a deep dish rear portion and the mini enameled bars are concave with a heavy central post - no markings.

IMPERIAL QUEST
Steve, that's a great grouping you have there. I am a fan of old watches and that trench watch really geats my attention in a serious way. ...

Jeremiah

Jeremiah,

Check this out. I just found this photo on the web, identified as a trench watch. Mine has the name "Ingersoll Midget" on the face.