M1967 Nylon Butt Packs and later versions

craig_pickrall

• 11 months later...

Do these packs fit to the side of the Large ALICE Field Pack or only with belts? I was thinkin about ordering one of those packs from an online shop, FIELD PACK TRAINING Nylon, but seems to me the space between the ALICE clips is too wide, to fit with the Alice Pack. Can anyone confirm? Thank you

phantomfixer

not to hijack a thread, but this question did not warrant a new thread...with the 56 gear being replaced with nylon gear...was there a nylon .45 magazine pouch?

phantomfixer

I have seen the single mag pouches..always thought they were 9mm specific...or at least came out in conjunction with the M9

but was mainly interested if there was/is a double mag pouch...

Do these packs fit to the side of the Large ALICE Field Pack or only with belts? I was thinkin about ordering one of those packs from an online shop, FIELD PACK TRAINING Nylon, but seems to me the space between the ALICE clips is too wide, to fit with the Alice Pack. Can anyone confirm? Thank you

I have never seen this done. You are right about the spacing. If you are doing this for a utilitarian project (as I have never seen it done "in the field") then a few companies used to produce side utility pouches for the ALICE packs but they appear to be pretty expensive nowadays.

not to hijack a thread, but this question did not warrant a new thread...with the 56 gear being replaced with nylon gear...was there a nylon .45 magazine pouch?

No.

I have seen the single mag pouches..always thought they were 9mm specific...or at least came out in conjunction with the M9

but was mainly interested if there was/is a double mag pouch...

You are correct, these were specifically for the 9mm cartridge magazine. There was never a nylon .45 cartridge magazine pouch, not even any test/trials of one.

• 2 months later...

Is this legit training field pack from early 90s?

At first it looked a bit fragile to me, until I put it on my "90s rifleman's LBE" and found it quite reliable as an insert between belt and Y suspenders ;).

US on flap is very faint. Rubberized collar feels a little sticky and has funny smell. Despite that it's in new condition.

post-162935-0-51283300-1468258796.jpg

hi pawtwo.. I was a US Army 11B light weapons Infantryman from 1986-2000..we were never issued butt packs at C.I.F ,but could buy them at the military clothing sales store on post or the Army surplus stores off post.. the butt pack pictured is the same kind that was sold at the MCSS.. now that the pack is some 20 plus years old the water proof coating on the rubber roll up throat is going bad and starting to get sticky and smell..you might want to try some (armor all) on the rubber roll up throat and see if that helps..before I retired from the Army I bought about 5-6 of this style of butt pack and gave them out to my friends etc.i stil might have one in my bags of stuff..i still use a M-61 canvas butt pack on my personal web gear that I have and use..vince g. 11B Inf

Is this possible that these were ordered by DLA and intended only to be personal purchase items for those who needed?

Is this possible that these were ordered by DLA and intended only to be personal purchase items for those who needed?

I don't know about all that, anybody (non-Infantry) could buy a butt pack and wear it on their web gear if there command said it was OK. some commands said it was OK and other commands said NO.. but it was very common for a 11B light Infantryman of that time period to have a butt pack issued or store bought on his web gear..vince g. 11B Inf

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Any_War_Militaria

sorry bout that last reply idk why it didn't say anything but anyway to answer your question I don't have one. 

Any_War_Militaria
1 hour ago, husk said:

Keep an eye out for one. They are a bit pricey when you can find one.

I usually look for stuff at yard sales and flee markets so I get them for way cheaper then usual but it’s also difficult to find stuff I’m looking for “in the wild” and surprisingly I put this whole set together for only $32 that way and yeah I’ll definitely be keeping my eye out for one of those pouches