M1967 Nylon Butt Packs and later versions

craig_pickrall

• 3 months later...
usmc-collector

1986 version, still marked as M1967,

similar to 1978 mentioned above + plus instruction manual included in pack.

PS - Craig, the early 1970s version pictured here is not M1967, but nylon version of cotton M1961 pack according to the FSN 8465-823-7622. (Military Specification. MIL-F-40165)

JAROSLAV

post-31-1197379815.jpg

post-31-1197379827.jpg

• 4 months later...

the original M67 butt pack is the imposible to find piece of the M67 gear.

belts suspenders canteen covers shovel covers & esspecially sleeping bag carriers are all over the place but

i have'nt seen M67 butt pack ever!!!

post-31-1197380353.jpg

post-31-1197380375.jpg

yaroslav this is not M61 is more close to the M67 look at the buckles of the flap...its the large M67 version not the small M61..

i will say the 1978 version is very close to the original M67 butt pack...in lack of originals somebody can use a 1978 to fill the gap in a collection & very few ppl will notice the difference..they are 99% alike

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

have you ever seen original M1967 buttpack with stamp? Ive read some books and websites describing M1967 gear, but absoluty no foto and informatin is poor allthough other parts was detaily described. Has it been made in bigger of number and if so, has it been used in nam? I think, negative.

Can enybody help?

Craig_pickrall: Can I ask You about first pictures of buttpack? Is it yours or have pictures only? I found same buttpack in new condition but with USMC field pack M1967 stamp. It seems like buttpack made from it ... think.gif

The most information gives Stantons book where is written about first model M1967 buttpack seems like Craig_pickrall USMC buttpack. Text continues describe second model after 1970, seems like Craig_pickrall 1978 dated Training Field Pack or Jaroslavs buttpack. But its inforamtion without foto. If it existed why anyone from famous collector or publisher like dont show it?

Its detective investigation ;)

Zrdavím Jardu :rolleyes:

The one I have looks like the example pictured in the first post. Mine is marked under the flap-

FIELD PACK; CARGO; NYLON; (M-1967 USMC)

DSA 100-70-C-0012

8465-860-0314

EASTERN CANVAS PROD. INC.

It has a "US" on the flap.

craig_pickrall

Yes, the first butt pack pic is my pack.

Look here and see if your USMC M67 is like this one: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry174682

The M67 gear was used in Vietnam in limited quantities. It is seldom that you see anyone with the complete outfit. Usually they just have a few pieces at best. I once saw a pic of a USAF Pararescue man that had the complete set.

Hello all,

have you ever seen original M1967 buttpack with stamp? Ive read some books and websites describing M1967 gear, but absoluty no foto and informatin is poor allthough other parts was detaily described. Has it been made in bigger of number and if so, has it been used in nam? I think, negative.

Can enybody help?

Craig_pickrall: Can I ask You about first pictures of buttpack? Is it yours or have pictures only? I found same buttpack in new condition but with USMC field pack M1967 stamp. It seems like buttpack made from it ... think.gif

The most information gives Stantons book where is written about first model M1967 buttpack seems like Craig_pickrall USMC buttpack. Text continues describe second model after 1970, seems like Craig_pickrall 1978 dated Training Field Pack or Jaroslavs buttpack. But its inforamtion without foto. If it existed why anyone from famous collector or publisher like dont show it?

Its detective investigation ;)

Zrdavím Jardu :rolleyes:

M67 M16 20rd Nylon pouches was the most common item of the M67 set in vietnam & came first before the other parts at about mid 1969...& the nylon tropical rucksack at about the same period...acctually all these nylon items were very late war items of the departing army of the vietnamisation period & did'nt see much use before 1970...1971...you can see many bits of M67 gear indeed to the cambodian invasion but in almost all the pictures the suspenders canteen covers e-tools etc were still the good old M56s...if you are lucky enough you can spot some very few M67 nylon suspenders & i have personaly seen a very clear picture of the M67 3 FOLD E TOOL in cambodian invasion...i have yet to see a picture with the sleeping bag carrier & the butt pack ...as craig_pickrail says it's hard to imposible to see a nam warrior with an entire M67 set...they doing that "ideal set assembly" to the various collectors books pictures & its completely wrong

Yes, the first butt pack pic is my pack.

Look here and see if your USMC M67 is like this one: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry174682

The M67 gear was used in Vietnam in limited quantities. It is seldom that you see anyone with the complete outfit. Usually they just have a few pieces at best. I once saw a pic of a USAF Pararescue man that had the complete set.

Mine is not like the one in the link-- it is just like yours from the first posting in the thread. I've never been able to get much information on the markings. Did the Army use the same thing, marked the same way?

craig_pickrall

I'm not sure if the Army and USMC versions are identical. The one I have is the only one I have ever seen except for some few pics that weren't much on detail. In my experience most people that think they have an original actually have one of the Training Packs from 1976.

there are some great pictures of a brand new early M67 butt pack dated 1970 in the vietnam database were describing M67 gear

does anyone have got one dated pre 1970?

craig_pickrall

Can you post a link to the site you mention?

there are some great pictures of a brand new early M67 butt pack dated 1970 in the vietnam database were describing M67 gear

does anyone have got one dated pre 1970?

craig_pickrall

The most likely things to be carried in this are the poncho or the poncho liner. Both items are fairly slick so if you carry them against the nylon they can slip out. The velcro strips help hold them in place.

What is the purpose of the soft-side velcro on the bedroll carrier?