New Member's small War Room

Stinger Gunner USMC

Stinger Gunner USMC

Hello All, I just joined this Forum over the weekend and thought that I would introduce myself by showing everyone a few photos of my collection.

post-1672-1188881847.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC

Marine Brigadier General Hartnoll J Withers' Uniform. I will post more on this uniform in the future under Groupings.

post-1672-1188882721.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC

The Fouts Brothers' uniforms. They were from Central IL. the one on the left was in the 9th AAF and the one on the right was in the 85th Armored Field Artillery of the 5th AD. (he won the Luxemburg Croix De Guerre)

post-1672-1188884641.jpg

WOW..... :blink: Wish I could have made such a stunning introduction when I joined this forum! Congrats on a excellent collection. thumbsup.gif

P.S. How long have you been in this collecting field?

- Jeff

teufelhunde.ret
Marine Brigadier General Hartnoll J Withers' Uniform. I will post more on this uniform in the future under Groupings.

Hope to see more, looks like a great collection thumbsup.gif

Looks awesome!

I'm a new member and just posted my collection too.

I love the officer mess set. Is it complete? I see one on ebay every now and again but always missing pieces. Great stuff. The BG uniform is awesome.

Stinger Gunner USMC

Jon, I used to know a collector from Carlinville, Is your collection in a room over your garage or was it at one time?

Stinger Gunner USMC

Im not sure if you remember me, I was about 15 when we met at an auction. You invited my parents and I to see your collection and I traded you two Collinsville Brothers uniforms for a 10th Mountain uniform. Well that was a long time ago. Ill be sure to get in contact with you, I would love to see your collection after all these years.

Stinger Gunner USMC

To try to answer a few of your questions:

WW2Vault: I started collecting when I was 6 in 1991. I started out with patches and pins and moved up to uniforms about 4 years later. About 90% of my collection was put together before I turned 18 and Joined the Marines.

fightn5th: Some of my unit photos include E btry 29th FA that landed at Utah Beach w/ the 4th ID, C Co 335th INF in 1918, School Btry FA 1918, and an unidentified ww2 AAf Sqdrn with a bulldog mascot that is wearing a parachute. plus various NTC basic photos, and some smaller company and plt unit photos

LTGSanchez: that Officers Mess kit is dated 1963 and is about 95% complete. I found it at a yard sale on my 14th bday for $5.

Rattle: I see your a fan of 106th CAV items so I went out and shot a photo of a couple of my items. The patch is Silk and I've never seen a DUI this small before !

post-1672-1188960387.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC
Is that a Japanese Arisaka I see there?

Yes, its a late war, very crude model. wood butstock w/ nails, simple non adjustable iron sight, large gaps btw stock and receiver. I would guess most likely from the Okinawa campaign, as it was their last ditch effort

I also have a 1916 Italian Mauser and a 1946 British Enfield with stick bayonet

I am not a big military firearms collector but the Mauser was given to me and I couldnt pass up the Enfield and Arisaka at $40 for the pair I will post photos of the rifles when I get the chance

Yes, its a late war, very crude model. wood butstock w/ nails, simple non adjustable iron sight, large gaps btw stock and receiver. I would guess most likely from the Okinawa campaign, as it was their last ditch effort

I also have a 1916 Italian Mauser and a 1946 British Enfield with stick bayonet

I am not a big military firearms collector but the Mauser was given to me and I couldnt pass up the Enfield and Arisaka at $40 for the pair I will post photos of the rifles when I get the chance

Arisakas are excellent weapons, most people see them as cheap! I have not shot many weapons that are as good as my Arisaka, accuracy is spectacular and it is a wonder more Americans aren't dead. I would take mine to the field any day! I will give you 40 for it and you can keep the enfield, see you're making money already lol.

To try to answer a few of your questions:

WW2Vault: I started collecting when I was 6 in 1991. I started out with patches and pins and moved up to uniforms about 4 years later. About 90% of my collection was put together before I turned 18 and Joined the Marines.

fightn5th: Some of my unit photos include E btry 29th FA that landed at Utah Beach w/ the 4th ID, C Co 335th INF in 1918, School Btry FA 1918, and an unidentified ww2 AAf Sqdrn with a bulldog mascot that is wearing a parachute. plus various NTC basic photos, and some smaller company and plt unit photos

LTGSanchez: that Officers Mess kit is dated 1963 and is about 95% complete. I found it at a yard sale on my 14th bday for $5.

Rattle: I see your a fan of 106th CAV items so I went out and shot a photo of a couple of my items. The patch is Silk and I've never seen a DUI this small before !

Oh thanks,

that's a beautiful patch and a interesting DI. think.gif

Missile away,

Stephan