Vietnam War South Vietnamese National Police pants

Bushmaster

vintageproductions

Here is an example of different NPFF patterns plus the US helmet cover that this pattern was made from.

npff1.JPG

npff2.JPG

Hello again ---I always learn something here -that is why this is a GREAT site---Thank you Senoir Moderator GWB123 for your statement on the policy----The more things are talked about the better it is for everyone to spot the fakes that are out there------I now know why I don't collect Nam stuff -too many good fake items out there---One member stated these are US designed camouflage pattern is there a US Quartermaster number for these ? Thanks for all the information---Blue Skies 1st Sgt CES--- Mark

No problem guys. We do try to police the "US only" policy the best we can, but we have to allow a certain amount of flexibility for items like this. Otherwise we would miss out of some very significant items used by US soldiers.

As for learning new things, it hadn't clicked with me either that this pattern originated in the US... and I've seen dozens of these reversable helmet liners. There are new things on here to learn every day!

vintageproductions

I don't think I have ever seen a piece of NPFF with a tiger stripe style size marking. If I did I would question it.

I don't think I have ever seen a piece of NPFF with a tiger stripe style size marking. If I did I would question it.

Here is the one with Tiger style stamp

post-1523-1293560248.jpg

So let me get this straight, your are OK with the pants that you got from a eBay seller that is well know for making fake uniforms/hats yet you question a pair of pants that I found a couple of years ago in a pile of costumes and vintage clothes for $25.00 at the Rose Bowl?

"That size tag looks suspicious"

Do tell us all why you say this?

"Suspicious" may not have been the best choice of words.

However, the size tag is completely different than anything I have seen before on this type of pants.

It is very non-standard, but then again, as mentioned earlier in this thread, this is common for many items from this period.

That is the reason why I started this thread as well; I had never seen this type of trousers with a red number stamp on the inside.

I have seen dozens of SVN National Police Field Force pants, and all of these have a black number stamp.

I have also seen several that have a silk woven size tag with a red number.

All of these items have come from reliable sources.

In 30 years of Vietnam collecting I have handled only a handful.

My friends collections ...the same .

Markings will be printed numbers or as Spike showed.

What tags have you not seen?

Markings are black ink stamps and red ink stamps - as confirmed by Bob.

There are also silk woven tags - as confirmed by Bob as well.

I do have a set somewhere which has a silk woven tag with red lettering.

vintageproductions
Cracks in my experience? Please...

You should be cautious of what you say to people you do not know.

What tags have you not seen?

Markings are black ink stamps and red ink stamps - as confirmed by Bob.

There are also silk woven tags - as confirmed by Bob as well.

I do have a set somewhere which has a silk woven tag with red lettering.

I am also going to say, everyone consider this a warning. Stay polite or I will start deleting parts of this thread.

My initial question concerns the overall appearance of the garment, while the other one you are refering to must be my follow-up question to Copran that concerns the distribution of these pants with a red number stamp.

It has been an interesting discussion and I thank everyone for their contribution.