Vietnam War South Vietnamese National Police pants

Bushmaster

No comments yet? I am surprised...

Comments and participation tend to drop off during the holidays....

I will give it a great big "not sure". The reason is that while the cloth looks correct, there seemed to be a lot of very new looking uniform items coming out of Vietnam starting in the mid-1990's. Some of these had the identical issue stamps, which raised suspicion that they were being newly made out of vintage cloth. These photos are not showing an issue stamp of any kind, which would be the first thing I would want to see.

If I were buying these, I would take them with a grain of salt... they are fine for display and most likely original camo cloth. As far as being original to the wartime period... maybe, maybe not. I'd keep my bidding to a minimum based on that.

I will give it a great big "not sure". The reason is that while the cloth looks correct, there seemed to be a lot of very new looking uniform items coming out of Vietnam starting in the mid-1990's. Some of these had the identical issue stamps, which raised suspicion that they were being newly made out of vintage cloth. These photos are not showing an issue stamp of any kind, which would be the first thing I would want to see.

If I were buying these, I would take them with a grain of salt... they are fine for display and most likely original camo cloth. As far as being original to the wartime period... maybe, maybe not. I'd keep my bidding to a minimum based on that.

You read my mind... these are the exact thoughts I have...

Do a search of this seller's name on this forum.

I never said anything about where I got these pants.

How do you know the name is mentioned on this forum?

vintageproductions

These were being sold by a seller named Nhaydu, and were listed on Ebay. Use the search engine here and look up his name.

These were being sold by a seller named Nhaydu, and were listed on Ebay. Use the search engine here and look up his name.

You are indeed enlightened as you recognized these particular pants and knew the seller just by looking at the photograph.

I have read all the threads where "Nhaydu" is mentioned before.

I am very interested in hearing Copran's reason to have no worries about these pants.

Especially since he is stating these are sold by a well-known faker.

Hello -am I missing something here ? If these are South Vietnamese National Police Pant why are they on the US Militaria Forum ? one they are Police & two they are not US military---I could see if they were named to a US soldier but this is not the case---if I am wrong please update me on this

tarheelyankee

I concur with your post 1st Sgt. This is supposed to be a US military only Forum. These pants are NOT US military issued nor are they even ARVN military issue pants. They may be Nam era pants, even this is up for debate, but I too must be missing the reason why these were allowed to be posted. Are we now allowed to post any of our items which are military related? :think: Forum members ??? please educate me. :ermm: Thank you. Tom (Tarheelyankee)

Vietnamese camouflage and other items have been allowed to be included on this Forum as they were often worn by US advisors.

While I cannot verify that the RVN National Police camo pattern was worn by any US personnel, we did have a posting recently where USN River Patrol sailors were shown wearing blue berets with National Police insignia. They wore these in the course of inpecting Vietnamese vessels so that locals would understand that they had police authority.

We have featured other foreign uniform items typically used by US personnel including Thai, Korean, UK, Philippine and from several South American countries during the Drug Wars. We have also featured local items are currently being worn by troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is not a new or changed policy.

I concur with your post 1st Sgt. This is supposed to be a US military only Forum. These pants are NOT US military issued nor are they even ARVN military issue pants. They may be Nam era pants, even this is up for debate, but I too must be missing the reason why these were allowed to be posted. Are we now allowed to post any of our items which are military related? :think: Forum members ??? please educate me. :ermm: Thank you. Tom (Tarheelyankee)

Hello,

FYI here is a topic discussing about this camo with US Advisor.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...amp;hl=ba+xuyen

Bushmaster,

I said no worries just because these pants look right for me, I saw sevral similar in the past from the reliable sources. And "well known faker" doesn't mean he is selling only fakes.

Copran,

Thank you, I had forgotten about that thread. It was excellent. For the purposes of this discussion I hope you will not object if I borrow one of the photos.

The gentleman on the left is an American advisor. This is why discussion of this camouflage is allowed on this Forum.

RVN_Police_Advisor_small.jpg

By the way, I forgot to mention something.

I have seen photographs of an unissued and complete SVN National Field Police uniform from a thrustworthy source.

Both the shirt and the pants only have a stamped number on the inside.

On this particular uniform the stamps are black.

However, I have seen several ARVN Airborne ERDL uniforms with red stamps.

By the way, I forgot to mention something.

I have seen photographs of an unissued and complete SVN National Field Police uniform from a thrustworthy source.

Both the shirt and the pants only have a stamped number on the inside.

On this particular uniform the stamps are black.

However, I have seen several ARVN Airborne ERDL uniforms with red stamps.

Fair enough. Standardization just does not seem to apply to this period of history at all.

As we have said before, if you are satisfied with them and got them for a reasonable price, then good enough.

Hello,

FYI here is a topic discussing about this camo with US Advisor.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...amp;hl=ba+xuyen

Bushmaster,

I said no worries just because these pants look right for me, I saw sevral similar in the past from the reliable sources. And "well known faker" doesn't mean he is selling only fakes.

By the way, the red stamp on these pants is part of the reason of my curiousity.

I have seen several SVN National Field Police pants, and all of these have a black number stamp.

Have you ever seen such pants with a red number stamp from one of these reliable sources you are talking about?

vintageproductions

You will find these with red and black ink stamps. Plus you will see these with small silk woven size tags, like are found on Japanese made garments from this time period.

tarheelyankee

To all the enlightened Forum members, especially senior moderator gwb123, thank you very much for the useful information regarding these pants. I was not aware that US personnel wore them in country. One of the many reasons I love The Forum, I learn something every day. Many thanks. :thumbsup: Tom (Tarheelyankee).

Hello again ---I always learn something here -that is why this is a GREAT site---Thank you Senoir Moderator GWB123 for your statement on the policy----The more things are talked about the better it is for everyone to spot the fakes that are out there------I now know why I don't collect Nam stuff -too many good fake items out there---One member stated these are US designed camouflage pattern is there a US Quartermaster number for these ? Thanks for all the information---Blue Skies 1st Sgt CES--- Mark

You will find these with red and black ink stamps. Plus you will see these with small silk woven size tags, like are found on Japanese made garments from this time period.

I believe these were also in country made with size tags, as seen on various Vietnamese Tiger Stripe garments.