BC - 1000 Field Radio

Jan Wouters

I'm looking for original pictures of soldiers who are wearing a BC 1000 Field radio on their back.

Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance.

• 5 years later...
arnhem44mad

I have a lot mate, if you, or any other members would like them can you pm me your e-mail addresses and I'll send them, it's just that resizing and resaving pictures takes so long :thumbsup:

Cheers, Scott

• 9 years later...

I'm surprised no more pictures have been added to this thread. In an attempt to revive this interesting topic, here's a picture of a radioman carrying one in Normandy. 

gpbag.jpg

Superb operation Varsity picture, note the British paratrooper emphasizing the strong links between the allied armies during the push over the Rhine:

(Funny history fact: General Patton urinated into the Rhine River on March 24. A telegram sent by Patton to Supreme Commander Eisenhower stated: 'I have just p****d into the Rhine River. For God's sake, send some gasoline.')

large_000000.jpg

• 11 months later...

One thing that I found really interesting about this photo is the way the soldier has wrapped the waist strap back around the bottom of the CS-128 battery case.  I'm also not sure that the bag strapped to the top rear of the radio is the accessory / antenna bag,

Waist Strap Wrap Detail.jpg