New Member's Display

LTGSANCHEZ

I figured I'd show my collection, being a new member. I'm stationed at Fort Benning right next to Airborne School. I started collecting right before the SPR and BoB craze. I have a ugly basement to house my collection, but thanksfully its not damp, full of bugs, moths, and other bad stuff, it just looks ugly. Anyways, enjoy and check out my other post of photos from the Infantry Museum.

- LT "Dirty" Sanchez

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

Welcome aboard Lieutenant! Thank you for sharing your collection with us. Don't be the least bit concerned about the basement surroundings--it's the collection that counts. You have some fine material. I take it that airborne material is your collecting area of choice. Good choice. Jack

Welcome aboard Lieutenant! Thank you for sharing your collection with us. Don't be the least bit concerned about the basement surroundings--it's the collection that counts. You have some fine material. I take it that airborne material is your collecting area of choice. Good choice. Jack

Well the airborne stuff what I tend to focus on and will pay top dollar for, but I will buy anything WWII related at flea markets and auction houses if its a good price. I forgot to mention my paratrooper is missing his pants... Ackward I know, but I display him with a pair of repro m42 pants. I just didn't want anything repro in my photo for the forums.

Thanks for the warm invite.

Great display. I like everyone else didn't even noyice the"ugly" basement due to the great collection in the basement.

Thanks for sharing.

4starchris

Great display. I like everyone else didn't even noyice the"ugly" basement due to the great collection in the basement.

Thanks for sharing.

4starchris

Agree with 4STARCRIS, great collection and don't knock the basement. It provides a lot of space. I only wish I had as much room for my stuff as you have.

Ah Ft Benning, brings back memories. Of course I was there when we still had horse and buggies. :lol: Ray

CNY Militaria

Nice display there! Its a shame I didn't see you on thr forum earlier, I JUST left the airborne school 2 days ago.

Nice display there! Its a shame I didn't see you on thr forum earlier, I JUST left the airborne school 2 days ago.

Good times. A few guys are getting together too jump with the Germans while their here doing training with us. I'd love to snag a pair of foreign jump wings. German ones aren't as nice as the Thai ones, though...

Good times. A few guys are getting together too jump with the Germans while their here doing training with us. I'd love to snag a pair of foreign jump wings. German ones aren't as nice as the Thai ones, though...

Yeah, but their marksmanship badges are pretty cool thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif I earned the Schnutzenschnur in silver in Afghanistan last year.

Yeah, but their marksmanship badges are pretty cool thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif I earned the Schnutzenschnur in silver in Afghanistan last year.

LT: On your 101st A/B LT, I believe during the WW II period the jump wings were worn above the ribbons and the CIB was worn on the pocket flap.

I am not sure when they changed though.

Retired

LT: On your 101st A/B LT, I believe during the WW II period the jump wings were worn above the ribbons and the CIB was worn on the pocket flap.

I am not sure when they changed though.

Retired

You will see pics of them both ways.

Richard Winters 7/44

post-5-1188963972.jpg

Richard Winters 12/45

post-5-1188964016.jpg

Agreed. It's preference I guess. That's the way we were them now and they were worn both ways in WWII.

I wish I had your basement. I have half a porch whivh comes out to about 12X14. Any more stuff and I won't be able to walk through it. Nice stuff. Don't worry about the repo pants. Its Ok to display until you get the real McCoy

I wish I had your basement. I have half a porch whivh comes out to about 12X14. Any more stuff and I won't be able to walk through it. Nice stuff. Don't worry about the repo pants. Its Ok to display until you get the real McCoy

Thanks, everyone's postive about the basement. I used to have a spare bedroom before I got married that I used for my collection. I liked the display area better but it was smaller. I assume the postive with the basement is that I can actually display the uniforms on mannequins and set up the cot which makes a nice "shelf" for field gear. Those carboard and fiberglass dudes do take up alot of room. I keep my German WWI and WWII goodies upstairs in the office under glass.

I'll be posting questions on these forums for as long as they are up and running!

- LT "Dirty" Sanchez

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lt.

Great War Room!!

The 101st A/B uniform is VERY NICE!! (A Dream)

PS. in relation to the basement, you have space for the collection and this that matters! ;)

Best regards,

Ricardo.

I'd love to have that basement, I've run out of room and have no space for mannequins. But, alas, I have only a crawl space beneath my living room. Not very conducive to great displays. You've got some awesome stuff there and room to grow! twothumbup.gif

Hi Lt.

Great War Room!!

The 101st A/B uniform is VERY NICE!! (A Dream)

PS. in relation to the basement, you have space for the collection and this that matters! ;)

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Thanks, bud! There's a few items that aren't on the uniform in the photo, and a few I'm still missing to complete it. I first started collecting only airborne stuff about a year before saving private ryan and BoB turned everyone and their mothers into collectors. I'm starting to get back into it however. I'll just have to avoid any groupings or any item attributed to the 506th because apparently people think there was no other airborne unit during WWII. Cheers to good collecting!