What authority does a AR Circular have during WWII

Chap15

What authority does a AR Circular have during WWII? What is the difference between a AR Circ and a AR during WWII? What authority does a TM and FM have during WWII?

Thanks,

The only regulatory publications in the US Army are the ARs; all other publications flesh out those rules.

For example, FM X.XX-XXX may set out exactly how to make your bed. An FM is not, however, a regulatory document. Therefore, you don't HAVE to make your bed that way...unless you are ordered to by a superior-ranking individual in your food chain.

OR, unless there is a regulation (AR) that states that all personal areas will be ordered as described in FM X.XX-XXX. In which case, you must make your bed that way, since the regulation says to do it however the FM says to do it.

I don't remember ever seeing an AR Circular, but I do remember several DA Circulars back in the late 80s, early 90s. Probably the same thing, different name. They were basically temorary ARs, used to get new directives to the field while the basic ARs were updated, so they were in effect regulatory documents.

I cannot really speak for AR circular's but what I do know about "circular letters" is that they are a general note that is distibuted to update or give awarness of what is going on. they are not technical but more of guidelines and if more technical information is needed the letter will refer to a specific technical order/source.Example:

aviation circular letter 103-45 informs that the pararaft kit containers are defective and a modification is being made refer to technical order ##-##