"Modified" USMC Utility

shrapneldude

When I first went into the Marine Corps, it wasn't uncommon to see some of the more senior Marines wearing the parka liners under their utility cammies in the field. Never saw anyone authorized or issued an M65 field jacket (though they do seem to be still issuing them today at least at 8th&I) but plenty of the older guys had their liners still.

Anyhow, found this neat little thing at a thrift store this evening. It may be some guy's wife made it for a hunting shirt, or a Marine had it made on Okinawa for wear in the field. Either way, it's neat, and it's USMC, so it's got a home here.

Just wanted to show it off. If anyone else has any other similarly modified USMC uniforms, please post.

post-1424-1292472394.jpg

post-1424-1292472405.jpg

post-1424-1292472438.jpg

post-1424-1292472448.jpg

post-1424-1292472454.jpg

It's sewn all the way around the inside with this brownish colored thread. What's neat is the cuffs match up and can button to the cuffs of the BDU shirt.

Cpl Punishment

I remember wearing my liner under my blouse a couple times. Can't remember if the liners came in different sizes, but mine were always a couple inches too short in the cuff.

I remember wearing my liner under my blouse a couple times. Can't remember if the liners came in different sizes, but mine were always a couple inches too short in the cuff.

That's what's kinda weird about this one -- the cuffs are almost perfect to the shirt. Pretty well tailored, whoever did it.