Victory "Ranger" Toy Machine Gun

siege1863

I already had the photo of the little boy and a copy of the advertisement, but now I have the gun itself! Got it for a steal at $12.50!

post-211-1292302376.jpg

post-211-1292302516.jpg

316th FS 324th FG

If you dont mind, seeing your post encouraged me to stop in a store where I had been seeing this gun, the Victory Machine Gun, missing the barrel and tripod though.

post-2463-1292548785.jpg

post-2463-1292548799.jpg

If you dont mind, seeing your post encouraged me to stop in a store where I had been seeing this gun, the Victory Machine Gun, missing the barrel and tripod though.

I have one not much better than yours. I did not discover that the barrel had been replaced until after I had received it. Someone had merely cut a length of dowling, painted it "army green," and glued it into the end of the receiver. From a distance it looks okay, but I was wanting an intact example.

Without a doubt, the rarest finds are the guns that still have the tripods. With three legs and a base, you can bet at least one piece was broken or lost over time.

316th FS 324th FG
I have one not much better than yours. I did not discover that the barrel had been replaced until after I had received it. Someone had merely cut a length of dowling, painted it "army green," and glued it into the end of the receiver. From a distance it looks okay, but I was wanting an intact example.

Without a doubt, the rarest finds are the guns that still have the tripods. With three legs and a base, you can bet at least one piece was broken or lost over time.

I figured it was worth $5 anyway.

That is very cool!! I have some of my Dads military-themed toys from the 40's that I'll post at some point, but these guns are very neat! I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for one of these!!

Nice find!!

Rick