MK II Early Grenade

Jaynugen

Hello all! First time poster. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on a WW2 grenade that my grandfather left me. It's partly exploded, but must have been damaged from something else because the pin was not pulled (at least, that's my best guess.) He was based in Italy and was present when Mussolini was strung up. Other than that he was a private guy who didn't want to tell us about the horrors of war, but we all knew he was a real hero based on the medals he won during his time. Here is an interesting link on how he, Lt. Price, earned a Silver Star (give it a minute to load, it's a PDF.) Lt. Price Honored

Anyway, thanks for the advice!!

-J

post-20188-1292302048.jpg

That is really neat. The fuze is an early "cutback" fuze with a short spoon, first used at the end of WWI. The color (red) is of an early (pre-WWII) training grenade.

Very interesting! Thanks for the info! Do you think something like this has any value? Are there people who would be interested in something like this?

-J

That is really neat. The fuze is an early "cutback" fuze with a short spoon, first used at the end of WWI. The color (red) is of an early (pre-WWII) training grenade.

Very interesting! Thanks for the info! Do you think something like this has any value? Are there people who would be interested in something like this?

-J

Yes there is definite value, and I am sure it would generate considerable interest.

Lucky 7th Armored

Yes i agree with hink, it is very interesting and wouldnt mind having such an interesting piece like that. Your Grandfather was a great man!

Haydn

Thank you very much. I've gotten a bunch of people messaging me about their interest in it, but I'm really not sure of the value. One of you told me not to consider less than 50 dollars, but beyond that I'm clueless. I wouldn't want to part with it unless it was a good price.

Yes i agree with hink, it is very interesting and wouldnt mind having such an interesting piece like that. Your Grandfather was a great man!

Haydn

This is what happens when you take the explosives out of a grenade reattach the fuse and pull the pin, The fuse's detonator has enough blasting force to blow it into a few good sized chunks.