K-pot crown pad: Ever used in OIF?

Mercenary25

The 173rd Airborne Brigade jumped over Northern Iraq. Did they use foam crown pad for Kevlar helmets? I searched for a close up photos of helmets but didn't find any. But it seemed like they didn't.

Any thoughts?

The 173rd Airborne Brigade jumped over Northern Iraq. Did they use foam crown pad for Kevlar helmets? I searched for a close up photos of helmets but didn't find any. But it seemed like they didn't.

Any thoughts?

Hi Merc .

Interesting question, not sure myself but let's hope someone here will be able to answer this query... :thumbsup:

As far as your question about the 173rd Airborne wearing crown pads in their PASGT helmets.....I don't know. however, I have picked up several PASGT helemts with the crown pads in them that were used in OEF/OIF.

One that immediately comes to mind is the PASGT that came in a large USAF Secuirty Police grouping. The SP was jump qualified and it appears he was attached to a US Army Airborne unit. His helmet had the crown pad and the foam protective pad in the back.

Are you referring to the foam doughnut that goes on the inside of the helmet? I was there in 2004-2005 and I don't think I knew a guy who didn't wear one of them with the old school kevlar, We got ACHs half way through our tour. i still have my Kevlar set up in original conficuration just as i put it in my duffle when I got given the ACH. Sometime I will Whip it out and show the crowd.

Sorry for not being clear, I was referring to the protection pad in back of Kevlar helmet, made for paratroopers. It is OD green and has word "crown" and arrow on it. Sorry for no pic. I gave it away to a friend.

Sorry for not being clear, I was referring to the protection pad in back of Kevlar helmet, made for paratroopers. It is OD green and has word "crown" and arrow on it. Sorry for no pic. I gave it away to a friend.

java script:;

yeah i know what you mean