Battle of the Bulge reenactment

Laurent M.

The snow and soft forest floor might have had a thing or two to do with it too, and the fact that he got hit by one of the tracks, not the front wheels.

He seems to have gotten hit by vehicles a lot in the last two years. Once while on a bike, once while on his skateboard.

Overall view inside of the church.

Thanks Laurent M. for sharing your photos.

the pictures of the inside of the church reminded me of

a painting called Sanctuary by AAron Bohrod. This painting

depicts GI's huddled in a church at Berdorf, Luxembourg

during the Battle of the Bulge.

I also enjoyed the vehicle photos also!

• 3 months later...
Thanks everybody for the comments. This was a great reenactment and a very nice place to take some "looks like december 1944" pictures. Hey Johan, the village was Recogne, a few miles from Bastogne.

Here is another one of the she staff sergeant getting orders from officers, I made it in black and white for you sabrejet and snake36bravo.

This reenactment was organized by my reenactment group, the "DUTY FIRST" ( French and belgium guy). For this reenactment we were not with the Big red one patch but in 101th AB (for being in the "good" story from Bastogne). Some other reenactment group participated too (from France, Pologne,...). The people from the town were very happy from this week end, they help to make the village like in 1944.