Battle of the Bulge reenactment

Laurent M.

Hi everybody, I would like to share those pictures with you.

They were made during this last weekend in a small village near Bastogne where a reenactment of the battle of the Bulge was organised. I must admit this is a great idea and one of the most authentic scene I have ever seen. Some collectors used the small church of the village as a first-aid station. Here are the pictures. I am sure you will enjoy them.

post-8590-1292255476.jpg

The entire village was full of WW2 GIs dressed in Battle of the Bulge uniforms. Some great pictures as the village looks quite old with typical Ardennes stone houses.

post-8590-1292256014.jpg

Last one of this nice reenactment. I will also post some pictures of the vehicles in the vehicles section of this forum. See you there for those interested, some nice WW2 vehicles to see.

post-8590-1292256300.jpg

Great photos and really captures the feeling if that's possible. Cinematic quality. I would have loved to have filmed this.

:thumbsup:

Laurent M. if you have access to Photoshop you can download a filter from Red Paw Media free of charge called Bleach Bypass PRO. This is the same filter used in Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers and a few other recent films.

Here is just one of those images adjusted with that filter and a monochrome.

Superb images and will check the other thread for the vehicles.

post-2582-1292268126.jpg

post-2582-1292268152.jpg

Thanks everybody for the comments. This was a great reenactment and a very nice place to take some "looks like december 1944" pictures. Hey Johan, the village was Recogne, a few miles from Bastogne.

Here is another one of the she staff sergeant getting orders from officers, I made it in black and white for you sabrejet and snake36bravo.

post-8590-1292275418.jpg