Question on Old Magazine Pouch

vettepartz

At a gunshow this weekend, I traded for this magazine pouch with mags. It is leather with an eagle snap, although crooked, and I think it is may be an officer's WWI pouch. The back of the snap has "Pat JULY 28-1908 SEPT 7-1909". There is some writing on the back of the leather which is only partially visable on the right side. Looks like this:

ISLAND

SENAL

WM9

Not sure if that is correct. Also on the front there appears to be stamped "G.G." between the pouches.

Since this is hard to read in an OLD leather pouch, can anyone tell me what it should say? And where it was used? Value? Thanks for any help.

Pouch01-1.jpg

Pouch02-1.jpg

Pouch03-1.jpg

Pouch04.jpg

It is a pre WW1 pouch with the rimmed eagle snap closer.Any eagle snap pouches are good property.

GG could be an inspectors marking but normally the inspectors initila are below the Rock Islad Armory marking(s).

RD

Pre WW1? It looks like a 1914 date on the back. Here are a couple more pictures. There appears to be some kind of circle stamp on the front, but it is too faded or worn to tell what it may have been. Any ideas?

Pouch01-2.jpg

Pouch02-2.jpg